Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links
Oct 4, 2008 at 5:55 PM Post #91 of 269
I have to second the soundtracker: Sound Tracker - he uses the neumann head (artificial head with mics in ears) - superb quality in some exotic locations few people visit...i use these recordings as reference when testing headphone resolution
a nice contemporary classical "experiment": Process and Passion:: Roger Reynolds:: POGUS CD 21031-2
unfortunately the above isn't free - but beyond just little snippets and samples these works can actually be listened to as "music". And it is music ideally suited to headphones - i listened to some Gordon Hempton (soundtracker) over a set of magna planar speakers, and while it was good, it doesn't come close to headphones in terms of spatialisation and resolution of finer details...

Feb 25, 2009 at 11:32 PM Post #94 of 269
Why isn't everything recorded in this way??? It sounds so natural. (Ultrasone CD and Royal Oakland Gramaphone)

Mar 2, 2009 at 3:18 PM Post #97 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tigress /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Which URL is that Nocturn? there is too much on first post! I am overwelmed!

hey...i bookmarked some sound recordings from the first page... i think binaural recordings are more fun with natural sounds instead of music.

Apr 17, 2009 at 3:33 PM Post #99 of 269
some new recocdings can be found on binaural.nl
BINAURAL
I enjoy them a lot, I hope you will too
smily_headphones1.gif

May 18, 2009 at 12:44 PM Post #101 of 269
I can hardly stand to listen to binaural anymore. The reason is simple: it makes all the other recordings in my collection sound 1-dimensional. If everything were recorded that way, I would love it!

May 21, 2009 at 6:36 PM Post #103 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by forever headphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
than you will love the sharp stereo, cause it will be rare, so the same way something extra
floatsmile.png
floatsmile.png
floatsmile.png

????????????????????
confused_face_2.gif

May 27, 2009 at 9:35 PM Post #105 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by forever headphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
some new recocdings can be found on binaural.nl
BINAURAL
I enjoy them a lot, I hope you will too
smily_headphones1.gif