Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links
Oct 31, 2009 at 3:12 AM Post #122 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Please tell me how to download that one.
It plays in the browser (flash), but I want a local file I am able to stream to my headphones...

I extracted the MP3 audio track from the FLV (of course non-destructively, without re-encoding), here you go: holoball ld01 800x450.mp3

Nov 1, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #123 of 269
^ Thanks a lot!
I did google *download from youtube*, but found no website/tool that accepted the holophonicballexperiment.com link...

Dec 6, 2009 at 4:55 PM Post #124 of 269
Binaural Airwaves
they have quite a lot of binaural recordings, you can listen to them online
wink_face.gif

Dec 10, 2009 at 5:01 PM Post #125 of 269
oh great! the algorithm used to make the "virtual haircut" has been phased out...and asking for FLAC yielded this reply:
Quote:

On 12/10/09, Anne ***** <****@starkey.com> wrote:
> Dear leeperry,
>
> Thank you for your e-mail regarding the Cetera algorithm.
>
> The Cetera product has been discontinued for a number of years.
> Unfortunately, we and are no longer supporting the Cetera algorithm or the
> virtual haircut demo so we won't be able to convert it to another format.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Anne ****
> Consumer Relations

anyway, check this one out! totally mind-blowing thunder/rain binaural goodness: RapidShare: thunder.mp3

Dec 27, 2009 at 6:29 AM Post #126 of 269
Hey guys, don't know if it is mentioned in here, Pearl Jam has an album that is called Binaural, and they used this recording technique on some of the tracks, I heard Nothing As It Seems and is quite a good recording, give it a try!

Jan 9, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #127 of 269
Binaural bliss « fotofono

About 90 minutes of minimalist electronic/acoustic improv, haven't listened to much of it yet but I thought it might be of interest here. Free download in lossless or 320k mp3.

Thanks to the nature of avant-garde music I'm a little unclear on how much of the first couple of minutes is "music" and how much is setting up the binaural mics... it gets more interesting (to me) after that.

Mar 25, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #130 of 269
Here's a few binaural recordings I've made over the last years:

Index of /audio/binaural

There's also a short text file with descriptions of the various takes.

Most recordings were made using OKM ear mics, a few others also with a lesser known model from Germany, the Ohrwurm (earworm) mics.

Enjoy,
Ralf

Aug 11, 2010 at 3:12 AM Post #134 of 269
I just posted some here:

http://www.head-fi.org/forum/thread/506228/adventures-in-binaural-sound-fireworks-music

I will be recording some more stuff soon so check back from time to time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back