Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links
Jan 27, 2008 at 9:27 AM Post #78 of 269
I'll update the link to that - thanks for the heads-up! It didn't occur to me that it would have been damaged by the crash.

Terry

Feb 28, 2008 at 6:21 PM Post #79 of 269
Haven't chimed in here for quite a while now but there's an interesting thread in the lounge going on about a member (LFF) who is experimenting with making binaural recordings himself:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f11/qu...95/index4.html

@Terry: Long time ago since we last met! I hope everything is okay for you!

Mar 6, 2008 at 3:56 PM Post #80 of 269
Thanks for the lead - that thread and the blog associated with it should prove to become an interesting one.

I'm doing well, all relocated and almost settled in. Glad winter has passed!

Terry

Mar 20, 2008 at 9:25 PM Post #82 of 269
Mar 20, 2008 at 9:44 PM Post #83 of 269
These three collections of 3D Sound "Holophonics" from washijaaa at YouTube include pictures to clue you in adequately to what you are hearing, and seem to be very good recordings - higher quality than others I've heard of similar or the same material (the original matchsticks are there, but sound much clearer. And... get that paper bag off of my head!!)

Terry

Mar 20, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #84 of 269
The folks at Otophonics in Japan are trying to reproduce binaural sounds in a more believable way, taking our perceptual methods into account. Their demos are fun. The seascape one in particular captures the motion of waves well by the middle. The first audio-only piece is a compilation of familiar pieces but they do sound distinctly different.

Terry

Mar 30, 2008 at 12:57 AM Post #86 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by forever headphone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MSO Download Store: Binaural Recordings

there are short samples

Thanks for that - I've updated the original link references in Post #1 to point instead to this new page. They've re-organized their website, and no longer offer full-length downloads of their concerts for free, it seems.

Terry

Users who are viewing this thread

Back