Legally Downloadable Binaural recordings links
Feb 18, 2007 at 12:21 PM Post #16 of 269
Wow this thread is awesome!! So many nice samples and tracks to listen to. Some of them send shivers down my spine!!! Thanx to anyone posting here and making this thread even more worthwile!

Feb 25, 2007 at 3:53 PM Post #17 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by tbritton /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll be adding several more pretty soon! (my own!)

I would love to hear those. I have been enjoying a lot of the links here.

Feb 25, 2007 at 8:29 PM Post #18 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by EnOYiN /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would love to hear those. I have been enjoying a lot of the links here.

Thanks! Maybe by next week. I'm pretty busy the next couple of days, but might get to convert some files to mp3's by later in the week.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:10 PM Post #19 of 269
Great idea!
Collecting links to legal downloads of binaural recordings, and put them all in one thread.

The soundtransit one was all new to me...
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 25, 2007 at 9:14 PM Post #20 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great idea!
Collecting links to legal downloads of binaural recordings, and put them all in one thread.

The soundtransit one was all new to me...
smily_headphones1.gif

Thanks! I hope to be able to add more soon as I find them, make them, or as they are revealed to me by other members!

Enjoy!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #21 of 269
Dear Terry,

Although it will be a few weeks before I'll be able to partake of this great gift you have started and and others have added to, I wanted to thank you and the other contributors for the great resource we now have.

I'll definitely be sending a note to the forum admins to make this a sticky.

Thanks again,
Buelligan

Feb 26, 2007 at 3:47 AM Post #22 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by buelligan /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Dear Terry,

Although it will be a few weeks before I'll be able to partake of this great gift you have started and and others have added to, I wanted to thank you and the other contributors for the great resource we now have.

I'll definitely be sending a note to the forum admins to make this a sticky.

Thanks again,
Buelligan

Awesome! I guess you have something nice coming your way to listen to them with soon! Thanks for the nice support!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 26, 2007 at 4:18 AM Post #23 of 269
Actually, I'm visiting my parents now, but will be returning home in a few days.

I'll be ordering the AKG K701s, the Musical Fidelity X-CAN v3, and a Slim Devices Squeezebox (plus all the goodies to get it to work).

BTW, an impressive array of music generating devices and background you have there. I was a big fan of Wendy Carlos (still am, really) and Isao Tomita (questionable musical/sonic taste sometimes, but boy could he synthesize).

Anyway, thanks again for the great thread,
Buelligan

Feb 26, 2007 at 5:19 PM Post #24 of 269
Feb 26, 2007 at 8:47 PM Post #25 of 269
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jahn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
well to keep this going i'll crossref with the other binaural thread with the free clip on stereophile for now-

http://www.stereophile.com/news/022607binaural/

Thanks, Jahn. I've added this to the first post in the thread.

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Feb 26, 2007 at 8:50 PM Post #26 of 269
cool! i and i reeeeaalllly want to share these STAX binaural test cuts, but they were put on Head-fi before and unfortunately leaked to an extent that did not make the OP happy, so we'll just have to listen to them at Meets and such.

Feb 26, 2007 at 9:08 PM Post #27 of 269
Good quote from Levine at the Milwaukee Symphony from Jahn's article post -

"There's no such thing as 'accurate sound'," Levine continues. "It depends so much on how it's recorded. If we move the head up or down 2" or 3", or back and forth a foot or so, it really changes the sound. So we go for what we like. I've been listening on Grado headphones and high-end AKGs. They sound different, but which one is right?"

Yes... that point does seem to create a little bit of conversation!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:08 AM Post #29 of 269
I finally compressed and uploaded mp3's of recordings I made of Pamela Branscum playing a laptop mountain dulcimer - and even singing in one song - along a mountain stream. She even sings one lovely song (we like this take because a jet goes overhead at a significant moment in the lyrics!) and plays a jaw-harp number for the last piece. I hope everyone enjoys them. Their links are in Post #1 at the bottom of that post.

I opted to create mp3's of fairly high quality for these, at 256 kbps, using VBR (variable bit rate) compression to save some more space to make these more manageable downloads.

Enjoy!

Terry
750prolinebx3.png

Mar 7, 2007 at 7:51 AM Post #30 of 269
OH DAM!!! Jude, please oh please sticky this one!!

Gradoheads... you guys gotta demo some of these tracks. RS1 with HUGE soundstage!!!
eek.gif
eek.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back