Leckerton uha-4 vs jds c5....which amp is best????
Aug 22, 2013 at 8:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

darkwasim786

Head-Fier
hi,

looking for a new portable amp for my headphones but cant decide from these two which to buy....any help is welcome

my earphones are the 1964 quads and a pair of denon d2000s....

music i mostly listen to is r&b, hip-hop/rap, pop, some rock, and anything else that sounds good

i dont like bright or harsh signitures as i find it fatiguing...prefer a more warm bassy yet detailed signiture with good speed and impact....

hope this info is enough for you to help me with my dilemma...also my dap is the colorfly c3...if that helps...

i would like a comparison of only the amp section i see the leckerton's dac as a bonus extra....

thanks in advance 
happy_face1.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 5:01 AM Post #2 of 21
I too am trying to decide between these two amps. One advantage I see with the Leckerton is that it's a amp/dac and the C5 is only a amp
confused.gif

Oct 18, 2013 at 6:37 AM Post #3 of 21
If you are willing to wait jds will have a new product in a few weeks that is an amp and dac in one c5 casing

I too am trying to decide between these two amps. One advantage I see with the Leckerton is that it's a amp/dac and the C5 is only a amp:confused:

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #4 of 21
have heard the leckerton, but i have heard the c5 and voted for it. its a great amp, excellent build quality, transparent, excellent bass boost implementation.

Oct 18, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #12 of 21
So does that mean the Dac is 32-bit/384kHz?

C5D is fully UAC1 compliant for maximum device compatibility (asynchronous 24/96). We'll start a thread soon with details. 

32/384 adds cost and size, but brings too little improvement. Of greater concern, it requires drivers which break operation with many phones and tablets. Not worth it!

Here's a short preview from CanJam. Skip to 6:27:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back