Leaving trader feedback under new classifieds system...
Apr 7, 2021 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 23

Rockwell75

Founder and Curator of The Watercooler Thread
Watercooler Travel Team
It seems it's only possible to leave feedback now in response to an actual Head-Fi classifieds system. IE., if you do a sale with someone without actually listing the item you can't leave or receive feedback. Is that true? Big thumbs down if it is.

Apr 21, 2021 at 1:31 AM Post #4 of 23
I didn't like this at first as it was nice to be able to leave or receive feedback after private deals. It's a great feature to have if you're using it legitimately but I see how it can be abused. After using it for a couple weeks I really like the new system and how much better organized everything feels right now. Well done.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2021 at 1:26 AM Post #5 of 23
Just so I understand, as the seller when the item sales, if you note the member sold to when you close the listing, that member can then leave feedback? What about the buyer? I don't even know how to get to the user feedback anymore. In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of the new classifieds.

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:30 AM Post #6 of 23
Just so I understand, as the seller when the item sales, if you note the member sold to when you close the listing, that member can then leave feedback? What about the buyer? I don't even know how to get to the user feedback anymore. In all honesty, I'm not a big fan of the new classifieds.
It confuses me too; I've made two or three purchases since the change and think I've only managed to leave feedback for one person? Never had issues with the old system.

Apr 22, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #7 of 23
The buyer can click on the same menu drop down to leave feedback on the listing.

Apr 22, 2021 at 8:36 AM Post #8 of 23
I don't even know how to get to the user feedback anymore.

On the user's profile page:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.31.09 AM.png

Click on "classifieds feedback" to see someone's feedback. In order to get/give feedback it has to be done through the listing itself after the seller has listed a particular user as the buyer. It's a bit disorienting at first if you were used to the old system but once you get used to it (imho) the advantages become clearer.

Apr 22, 2021 at 12:51 PM Post #11 of 23
On the user's profile page:
Screen Shot 2021-04-22 at 5.31.09 AM.png

Click on "classifieds feedback" to see someone's feedback. In order to get/give feedback it has to be done through the listing itself after the seller has listed a particular user as the buyer. It's a bit disorienting at first if you were used to the old system but once you get used to it (imho) the advantages become clearer.
Neither I or the buyer could find this. I'll look again next time I reckon.

Apr 22, 2021 at 1:15 PM Post #12 of 23
I just posted buyer feedback in one of my closed classified listings. The first step is after you mark your listing as "Sold" and input the buyer's alias name in the 'Second Party' field. Then, in the same drop down menu in the sold listing, there's a feedback option to type in the feedback. After all this, the buyer will see your feedback under 'Classifieds feedback'. The order who gives feedback first doesn't matter as I've received feedback from the buyer first, and right now feedback seems to be optional for either party to provide it, so you may have to remind the buyer/seller to provide feedback.

Last edited:
Oct 13, 2021 at 10:24 AM Post #13 of 23
I haven't been able to leave feedback for my buyer. Would appreciate it if anyone has ideas. When I closed the item as sold, I added my buyer as the second party. However, I haven't found anywhere to leave feedback for him.

I tried the below...

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.22.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.22.55 AM.png

But this hasn't appeared for the buyer (or for me, not that it should).

Thoughts?

Oct 13, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #14 of 23
I haven't been able to leave feedback for my buyer. Would appreciate it if anyone has ideas. When I closed the item as sold, I added my buyer as the second party. However, I haven't found anywhere to leave feedback for him.

I tried the below...

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.22.38 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-13 at 10.22.55 AM.png

But this hasn't appeared for the buyer (or for me, not that it should).

Thoughts?
Are you receiving an error?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back