Leather ear pad for Ultrasone PRO 900s...
Aug 21, 2010 at 5:11 AM Post #16 of 28
What happened to shiplu20's post?  Am I going nuts?  Should we always quote just in case the previous post that we were referring to goes fffffffft.

I checked the profile there were only two posts originally, were they offensive?  Has shiplu20 been banned?  Why has the post disappeared, rather than simply been marked as a Banned Member if that is the case?

Aug 21, 2010 at 5:42 PM Post #18 of 28
Thanks haloxt, that makes sense.

Feb 19, 2011 at 5:50 AM Post #20 of 28
I've always been curious about trying the Pro550 pleather pads on the Pro900, but I haven't been able to find a place to buy them and also remember reading somewhere that it'd destroy the sound signature.

Feb 19, 2011 at 10:38 AM Post #21 of 28
I think I will try these leather year pad sooner or later. I live in Korea and contacted the ex-official distributor of Ultrasone. They said they did have the leather pad (for 650 though)in stock. I will give it a shot. I guess I will distort the sound signature since the heavy but quality bass and well separated mid and high will be stuck inside the headphone. No way out. Maybe pretty much the same as when I put the artificial leather pads on Beyer dt770. It totally lost its sound merit. 
Anyhow, I will try Ultrasone leather pads since it is about $20 here in Korea, which is affordable.(Contrast to 60 bucks for Beyer pads. ) 

Mar 2, 2011 at 10:28 PM Post #22 of 28
I'm dying to have some leather earpads for the Pro 900.  The stock earpads are not thick enough to keep my right ear from rubbing up against the metal shielding.  It gets really annoying after a while.  I also prefer leather to velour so if anyone has an update on this that would be awesome.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:10 AM Post #23 of 28
Hey, look what I just did

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:39 AM Post #24 of 28
OK Nachkebia, you now have my attention.  The obvious questions:  Have you attached the Denon replacement pads to an Ultrasone frame and locked them in place or have you attached them in some other way?
How is the clamp factor with the extra width?  And of course, how do they sound?  You can't post glorious pictures without elaborating on your process and findings.

I would be posting similar pics (albeit beyer leather replacement pads) and experiences if I had any confidence in J Money and if insurance prices quoted were even approaching reasonable.

Mar 7, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #25 of 28

Quote:
Have you attached the Denon replacement pads to an Ultrasone frame and locked them in place.

Thats exactly what I did and it worked perfectly. Sound is exactly what I expected, more air, bass is tighter, high is more diffused and detailed, mids finally have an authority, isolation is better! I love it!!! only thing is, my ears sweat :D

Mar 22, 2011 at 3:02 PM Post #26 of 28
I'm thinking of getting some leather pads for my new Pro 900s too.
Does it improve the sound leakage ? I find that they leak a bit too much for my liking.

Also, which pads are more suitable. Beyer or denon J$ ?
Looking at pictures the Beyer pads look much better in my opinion, but would they fit ?

Jul 5, 2012 at 12:45 PM Post #27 of 28
Sure wish I'd seen this a while ago. I'd be willing to trade Pro 650 pleather earpads for velour (if they fit, still can't get a clear answer to that). But I like that thick looking thing too. 
When I stuff fabric to push out padding, sound does get bigger & brighter. 

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:54 AM Post #28 of 28
Do you guys know if/where I can purchase velour/velvet pads for my pro 550?
Hopeful Thanks,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back