Lear LCM-5 - new entry into the "reference" class custom IEM segment (FINAL REVIEW ADDED 10-3-12)
Sep 30, 2013 at 5:03 AM Post #61 of 67
Well, it's tough because I haven't heard the JH5, nor the other Lear models besides the LCM-2B and LCM-5. The Lear LCM-5 is definitely better than the 1964 V3, as it should be for a significantly higher priced model. 

Any chance you might be able to score some demo units from Lear? Maybe a deposit would be required, but it would be worth it to give them a test drive. 

Hmm I might just go for it. But would you know anything about their sounds signature preference tuning? Like the crystal clear or neutral or bass option. Does it mean they sacrifice a portion of the lower/higher end for the other? Or does it just means an emphasis on that particular part of the sound

Sep 30, 2013 at 6:58 PM Post #63 of 67
I always took it as the emphasis being on that particular area. No reason to have poor lows, even in a treble focused design. The lows can still be very good, but they wouldn't be the focus anymore. Hopefully that's exactly how they tune it.

Sounds right... If you were going to choose between a custom 3 driver, or the new universal 4 driver from Lear, which one would you give it a shot to?

Oct 2, 2013 at 9:28 AM Post #64 of 67
Sounds right... If you were going to choose between a custom 3 driver, or the new universal 4 driver from Lear, which one would you give it a shot to?

Personally I'd choose the custom, simply because I find customs more comfortable than even the best universals. That's just me though.

Oct 2, 2013 at 1:31 PM Post #66 of 67

Are you gonna take a look at the LUF-4?

Probably not anytime soon. I'm way backed up on some other projects, plus I have a general lack of experience with the latest universal models. So I don't feel like the best judge of these things - I can describe what I hear, and maybe compare with some custom models, but I won't be able to contrast it in terms of the more likely competitors. 

How about you? You have more experience there than I do. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 8:11 AM Post #67 of 67
  Probably not anytime soon. I'm way backed up on some other projects, plus I have a general lack of experience with the latest universal models. So I don't feel like the best judge of these things - I can describe what I hear, and maybe compare with some custom models, but I won't be able to contrast it in terms of the more likely competitors.   
How about you? You have more experience there than I do. 

Same here... no time.
redface.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back