LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
Jul 26, 2009 at 8:23 PM Post #376 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by f00fighters /img/forum/go_quote.gif
SKYLAB:
I know this is Apples and Oranges, but I have to ask. How does the Shure SRH840 compare to the Grado SR325i?

Unfortunately this will be impossible for me to answer with any real certainty, because I have only heard the 325i on a couple of occasions - I have never owned them. From those experiences I would say the Shure's are going to be different -- they will be more laid back. I also personally find Grado's uncomfortable in the extreme, and the Shure's are much, much better on that regard.

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:39 AM Post #377 of 431
anyone else having trouble with this thread? hitting the > button or any number past 25 just brings me back to page 25. Essentially i can't read beyond page 25 and i want to see what folks are writing now that these are out!

Jul 29, 2009 at 9:43 AM Post #378 of 431
hmm... that is odd now i am on page 26 but i am the only post... maybe someone made a post then deleted it? I am not sure how i had a button for page 26 if there was no page 26 till i posted... odd... okay .. back to your regularly scheduled program... I am back to desperately resisting walking down the street and getting these 840s. Soooo tempting.

Jul 29, 2009 at 1:12 PM Post #379 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by kp8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
anyone else having trouble with this thread? hitting the > button or any number past 25 just brings me back to page 25. Essentially i can't read beyond page 25 and i want to see what folks are writing now that these are out!

It's an old bug that has been persistent in this forum for about the last 2 months or so. It's showing an extra page when there really isn't one, so don't worry about missing any posts or anything.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:35 AM Post #382 of 431
I feel so awkward asking this, but I have no studio or anything like that... can these be used for portable mp3 players (like ipod touch)? I am considering the Senn hd 448 but was wondering if SHR840 is compatible? I understand the lower models were designed for portable players but was wondering if the 840 is.

Any input on the Senn's would be nice too. Thanks!

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:49 AM Post #383 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I feel so awkward asking this, but I have no studio or anything like that... can these be used for portable mp3 players (like ipod touch)? I am considering the Senn hd 448 but was wondering if SHR840 is compatible? I understand the lower models were designed for portable players but was wondering if the 840 is.

I'm sure portable players would have no problem driving the cans, but the jack and the cable are so bulky, I bet if you walk around with it, it will do something horrible to the iPod's jack.

Aug 1, 2009 at 6:11 PM Post #385 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cipher7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

The 840 can not be driven by an ipod touch. I tried that exact combo, and it did not sound good. It ends up sounding like an old transistor radio. you must have a portable amp if you want decent results. the other two will work on the pod, but I would not bother with the lowest model, as the middle is a huge improvement over it.

Aug 1, 2009 at 7:20 PM Post #387 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by redlinez33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Out of curiosity has anyone tried both the SRH440 and SRH840? How do they compare?

there are a few reviews by the people who had them presale. pretty informative.

Aug 1, 2009 at 10:01 PM Post #388 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by SchneiderStudios /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered the 240 and the 440, i will get the 240 on monday. hope to be happy

Doesn't the combination of these end up as expensive as just buying 840s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back