LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
Aug 6, 2009 at 1:37 AM Post #407 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Welcome to Tour Supply | Call Us At 866-480-8687 got mine from here for 179 including worldwide express shipping. The lowest price Ive seen. go to their ebay link to make an offer

Actually, they're $150 at JR.com right now.

Question: Is everyone looking to find out about these for the very first time? I was wondering how they're expected to compare with Beyer DT250's or Denon D2000's.

I'm threatening to buy all 3 to see which I like the most, but would prefer not to. That just sounds more dramatic that it needs to be.

I have only a basic CMoy (just bought) that I'll be using to drive them from a PC/iPod source. Thoughts?

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #409 of 431
got it. I can't find them on their website, so I'll just call them tomorrow and order.

thanks.

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:04 AM Post #410 of 431
Hey Donunus, do you mind telling us where you bought yours from?

I'm located in Aus and am thinking of ordering online as well.

Thanks

EDIT: Sorry, don't worry about it. If only I had read 3 posts before..Silly me

Aug 6, 2009 at 2:17 AM Post #411 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajreynol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
got it. I can't find them on their website, so I'll just call them tomorrow and order.

thanks.

Try for 130, I'm sure they can give it for that price since my offer was 135 and was honored. After that, they upgraded my shipping from the stock included worldwide priority($44) to express for no extra charge which is why I'm thinking they might give it for 130 or even less. The difference in price of the two shipping methods to the Philippines is around $20 if you go to the post office and ask

Aug 7, 2009 at 5:36 PM Post #414 of 431
Aug 8, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #417 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by ajreynol /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Actually, they're $150 at JR.com right now.

Question: Is everyone looking to find out about these for the very first time? I was wondering how they're expected to compare with Beyer DT250's or Denon D2000's.

I'm threatening to buy all 3 to see which I like the most, but would prefer not to. That just sounds more dramatic that it needs to be.

I have only a basic CMoy (just bought) that I'll be using to drive them from a PC/iPod source. Thoughts?

I got my SRH840s a few days ago and with only 10 hours burn in I can tell that these things are awesome. Honestly dude, they rival my Grado RS1s for detail and clarity. Don't waste you time (and money) with the lower versions.

Aug 9, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #420 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by donunus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I hear they are different from reading the description at headroom

I tried both the 440's and 840's at CanJam.

First, I wasn't blown away by the 840 at CanJam when I heard them (I guess I was hoping for more because of Jude's thread about the 840's). I remember that they sounded a bit congested but they were being played out of an ipod mini and were straight out of the box. Basically, I was hoping for something that sounded like an open can but could isolate. However, they didn't sound that bad so I gave them a chance and they are sounding pretty good with burn-in and a better amp/source. However, the 440's just sounded like a cheap can. The Shure guys had me try the 440's with the 840 pads and they sounded like a cheap can with more bass, not good. I wouldn't even consider buying the 440's at this point but I am happy so far with the 840's to use as my "isolating non-leaking can." So, yes, the 840 are much better to me than the 440's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back