LEAK: SHURE SRH240, SRH440, and SRH840 headphones (and pricing) likely to be announced tomorrow! (And mini-review of SRH840.)
Aug 3, 2009 at 4:00 PM Post #395 of 431
Specifications
Wireless: No
Microphone: No
Cord Length: 10 ft. (3 m)
Acoustic Seal: Closed
Headphone Type: Full Size
Weight: 317.5 grams w/o cord
Isolation: -12dB ~-16dB
Impedance @ 1kHz: 44
Detachable Cable: Yes
Cord Type: Coiled Left-Side
Coupler Size: Large
Ear Coupler Type: Full-Size
Driver Type: Dynamic
Connector Type: 1/8
Manufacturer Warranty: 2 years
Balanced: No
Noise Cancelling: No

found it at headroom... I was close about the isolation

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:08 PM Post #396 of 431
They also claim the 280pros are 12dB~-15dB. If I had to guess from person experience. 280Pro would be on the higher end of this range and the srh840 would be closer to the lower end of this range... This is just with listening to both, so not scientific or anything.

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:11 PM Post #397 of 431
Yeah, these will do very well against low to moderate everyday noise (like noises around the house, etc). But from my experience, against heavy duty noises such as from back of the bus or in the subway, these will somewhat struggle (you'll still hear and enjoy music fine, but noises will start seeping in). Then again, these aren't exactly portable anyways and you can't expect IEM level isolation from any fullsize can.

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #398 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by redlinez33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
They also claim the 280pros are 12dB~-15dB. If I had to guess from person experience. 280Pro would be on the higher end of this range and the srh840 would be closer to the lower end of this range... This is just with listening to both, so not scientific or anything.

My guess on the range of isolation is that the lower range is for smaller heads/looser fit and higher range for larger heads/tighter fit

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:19 PM Post #399 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by redlinez33 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, the numbers on that site confuse me, as I usally see "up to" 32dB of isolaton associated with the 280s (i.e. on product descriptions,etc.); it's possible that this nubmer is way too high and is just a means of selling the product, but I doubt that they'd double the number.

Aug 3, 2009 at 4:41 PM Post #400 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOLDENZEAL /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Waiting for these babies is like waiting for the birth of a child. I can't wait, I love my SE530's outdoors but when I'm home I just dont feel like sticking an earbud into my ear canal. I just want some cans I can put on, layback, and relax. I wonder if they will be available at J&R music world, best buy, or B&H?

I just ordered my set of SRH840s from Headroom.com for ($149). I've been looking at a set of closed headphones for sometime to compliment my Grado RS1/RA1 setup. I love my RS1s, but my wife often complains that they are too loud when she is next to me.

I love my Shure SE310s, so if these are good full sized equivalents (or ideally better) then I will be a satisfied customer.

Aug 5, 2009 at 11:00 AM Post #402 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by tac /img/forum/go_quote.gif
These are already released?

erm, yes...
icon10.gif

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:07 AM Post #404 of 431
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just ordered my set of SRH840s from Headroom.com for ($149). I've been looking at a set of closed headphones for sometime to compliment my Grado RS1/RA1 setup. I love my RS1s, but my wife often complains that they are too loud when she is next to me.

I love my Shure SE310s, so if these are good full sized equivalents (or ideally better) then I will be a satisfied customer.

I just got mine today. I am currently burning them in. I am going away for the next few days, but I will be posting my review and compare them to my Grado RS1s (not fair...I know, but that's what I have on hand).

Cheers,

Aug 6, 2009 at 12:38 AM Post #405 of 431
anyone selling the 840 for less than MSRP?

edit: just saw the headroom.com reference.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back