LCD, HE-400, WA6, LYR - help me buy a good combo!
Aug 5, 2013 at 12:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Jiiero

New Head-Fier
First of all, hello everybody! :)

I've decided to generously gift myself which led to the first conclusion of the audez'e lcd2. Upon reading further into the topic I've quickly become lost.
My maximum budget is a thousand dollars but I'm not trying to spend it all if it's not necessary. The best for the money.

My current setup is odac -> heed canamp -> k701. I came to really love the sound of this setup and as a result, I'm afraid of losing something when changing to a new amp.
What I think may be a good step is to buy a hifiman he-400, and that's it. Have it a go with the rest of my setup. If I find this version lacking I could upgrade to a schiit lyr or woo audio wa6
which presumably drive the akg and the he-400 well, too. It's a 1000$ with the woo, considering I sell the canamp. 200$ less with the lyr.

Is the stated method a good one, or should I just jump into it and buy an lcd2? That way I would have no option (at least for a while) to buy a new amp which better suits the audeze, so I would be stuck with the canamp. I could get an o2 for the lcd2, instead of the heed, though.

Would you guys please be so kind as to enlighten me? I feel miserable seeing the endless possibilities.

Ádám

Aug 9, 2013 at 12:31 AM Post #2 of 3
Hello Jiiero, 
If your budget is under $1000 the HiFiMAN HE-400 would be your best option for the price. They are incredibly good for the price and you will not find anything better for under $500.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back