LCD-5 Trade-In Program. Expires Nov 15th, 2021!
Oct 9, 2021 at 7:11 AM Post #18 of 63
This is pretty awesome, way to go Audeze.
I will be keeping my LCD-4 , but I am sure many will benefit from this deal.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:43 AM Post #19 of 63
Why would anyone even take this offer? Less is more? hehe
Some people get upset when they buy a TOTL headphone/iem, and then a new and improved version comes out shortly after. They thought they had the best, but now they don't. It's quite tragic.

Their next stage of denial is trying to convince themselves that the existence of a newer and better model doesn't automatically make their old one any worse, but that never works lol, even if it is true in a technical sense.

This program helps customers avoid this effect. It seems to mainly benefit the customer, which is nice.

Oct 9, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #20 of 63
As pricing professionals, good job to the Audeze pricing team. Well thought on used and trade in pricings

Oct 9, 2021 at 8:41 AM Post #21 of 63
LCD5 trade-in program Oct 4, 2021. This offer expires Nov 30, 2021.

Trade in your LCD-4 or 4z for a new pair of LCD-5s using one of the four options below. The headphones being traded in must have all original accessories including travel case and cable, and all returns are subject to our inspection and approval. Customer pays shipping/duty to us; we pay return shipping. [snip snip]

Wow. I don't own an Audeze, but that is an impressive offer. Especially for people who recently bought an LCD-4 or LCD-4z, and feel some angst that they hadn't known that a new TOTL was imminent.

WELL DONE, AUDEZE.

Oct 9, 2021 at 9:03 AM Post #22 of 63
Would be very difficult for me to let go of my 4z. Prolly will buy 5 someday, but i think the 4z stays put. 🤔 i REALLY love those headphones. So much so that i am not in any big hurry, may end up waiting a while to try for a better deal on 5. Besides my 4z are at least a couple years old, many thousands of hours listening time. The 5 would have to be really SUBSTANTIALLY better than 4z to justify taking action right now.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #25 of 63
This is great and I've sent my email to Audeze support requesting the trade-in. Ever since getting the 1266, my 4z have been sitting unused. Hoping that the lcd-5 will be a nice upgrade to the 4z and perhaps a competitor to the 1266.

Oct 9, 2021 at 1:58 PM Post #26 of 63
Some people get upset when they buy a TOTL headphone/iem, and then a new and improved version comes out shortly after. They thought they had the best, but now they don't. It's quite tragic.

Their next stage of denial is trying to convince themselves that the existence of a newer and better model doesn't automatically make their old one any worse, but that never works lol, even if it is true in a technical sense.

This program helps customers avoid this effect. It seems to mainly benefit the customer, which is nice.
The LCD4 and LCD5 sound different enough that I don’t believe one sounds better than the other IMO. So this doesn’t apply here. Unless the weight factor is a concern.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:10 PM Post #28 of 63
for some reason un known why... one of the reviewers compared the LCd-5 to the HD650... I at least thought that to be a little strange...
I would think a high end headphones with sound characteristics similar to HD650 would make for a nice headphones. That description actually has me more interested in the 5’s.

Oct 9, 2021 at 2:39 PM Post #29 of 63
I would think a high end headphones with sound characteristics similar to HD650 would make for a nice headphones. That description actually has me more interested in the 5’s.
except for the fact that the HD650 is a $500 headphone vs a $4500 LCD-5 headphone... wouldn't that be like saying I like the sporty driving of a miata so I bought a Lamborghini :xf_cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back