lcd-2 weight
Mar 23, 2014 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

j14mp

Head-Fier
These things are so heavy.  Its like no matter what I do, I miss my r2i's more and more everyday.  Id listen to music and forget i had them on!  But with the lcd-2's, jeez how could i forget?  They make my ears sweat, they are kinda embarrassing at a coffee shop...

My complaints have nothing to do with the sound, Im just having a really hard time falling in love with these things.

The weight shouldn't be an issue for me.  Im a personal trainer for Gods sake haha.

Did anyone else come from those glorious Grados?  They were perfect!  What was I thinking?! haha

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #3 of 32
Why in the world would anyone wear open headphones to a public place? I suppose if you really like everyone else's conversation getting in the way of your music and sharing what you're listening to with everyone within ten feet. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:52 PM Post #4 of 32
That's why I can't own any headphones heavier than 300g. Too bad basically every flagship headphone these days weight at least 350 lol.

It's really such a shame. Looks like I'm buying a pair of gs1000i's. I'm sure they sound different than the rs2i's, but that weight is glorious. Guess it's just that important to me lol. I sit on the piano for 1-2 hours at a time. The Audeze make me sweat, they are extremely muddy unless I do some heavy adjustments on the piano (which in the end sounds phenomenal), and I get this odd mix of a headache, ear fatigue and neck fatigue all in one. I'm also embarrassed to wear them at the cafés haha

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:53 PM Post #5 of 32
  These things are so heavy.  Its like no matter what I do, I miss my r2i's more and more everyday.  Id listen to music and forget i had them on!  But with the lcd-2's, jeez how could i forget?  They make my ears sweat, they are kinda embarrassing at a coffee shop...

My complaints have nothing to do with the sound, Im just having a really hard time falling in love with these things.

The weight shouldn't be an issue for me.  Im a personal trainer for Gods sake haha.

Did anyone else come from those glorious Grados?  They were perfect!  What was I thinking?! haha

Maybe do some neck strengthening exercises.  They are not heavy and it'd not fair to spread crap to people.  You should stick to minor league stuff. 

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:55 PM Post #6 of 32
Why in the world would anyone wear open headphones to a public place? I suppose if you really like everyone else's conversation getting in the way of your music and sharing what you're listening to with everyone within ten feet. 

I listen at low levels. I go out with the lady and a baby so it's nice to hear them. At home is where I do the loud listening. I've never seemed to bother people. Even if I did, I wouldn't really care haha

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:57 PM Post #7 of 32
Maybe do some neck strengthening exercises.  They are not heavy and it'd not fair to spread crap to people.  You should stick to minor league stuff. 

Haha I'm a personal trainer! My neck is very strong. My experience doesn't have to be the same as everyone else's. I just really dislike these things. I'm sure someone out there agrees.

As for minor league, I don't think the Audeze touch the Grados for serious piano playing..

Mar 23, 2014 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 32

No, it's a factual statement that ortho's are much heavier than normal headphones and can have serious comfort issues for some people. They are heavy. And it's not fair to let people know when they're about to spend an upwards of $1000 that they might not be able to fully enjoy them?

Man. Some people.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #9 of 32
No, it's a factual statement that ortho's are much heavier than normal headphones and can have serious comfort issues for some people. They are heavy. And it's not fair to let people know when they're about to spend an upwards of $1000 that they might not be able to fully enjoy them?

Man. Some people.

Haha. He might be trying to protect his investment. I see that a lot on these forums.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 32
I listen at low levels. I go out with the lady and a baby so it's nice to hear them. At home is where I do the loud listening. I've never seemed to bother people. Even if I did, I wouldn't really care haha

If you're out with the lady and the baby, put the damn headphones down. Pay attention to them. Also, if it does bother other people and you don't care, that's even worse. Wow.

Side note, I'm what I'd consider "moderately strong" and I agree that the LCD2's are heavy. They're big, bulky headphones. They just are. It's part of 'em. No sense denying it.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #11 of 32
If you're out with the lady and the baby, put the damn headphones down. Pay attention to them. Also, if it does bother other people and you don't care, that's even worse. Wow.

Side note, I'm what I'd consider "moderately strong" and I agree that the LCD2's are heavy. They're big, bulky headphones. They just are. It's part of 'em. No sense denying it.

Yes sir 0_o haha

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #12 of 32
They sound surprisingly good plugged into a playstation 4 remote for blu-rays. I thought that was kinda interesting. I thought that would be a total bust. I watched tron with them.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #13 of 32
Sorry, just not a fan of anyone who goes out with people and brings headphones along for the ride. That's some uncool behavior. It's like you're saying "yeah I'll take you out, but I don't actually wanna interact with you."

Also, as an owner of audio equipment, the responsibility kinda falls on you not to be a jerk with it. For example, I have a very loud car system. I turn it down at stoplights and don't cruise slowly through residential areas with it blasting even though I absolutely could.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:15 PM Post #14 of 32
Sorry, just not a fan of anyone who goes out with people and brings headphones along for the ride. That's some uncool behavior. It's like you're saying "yeah I'll take you out, but I don't actually wanna interact with you."

Also, as an owner of audio equipment, the responsibility kinda falls on you not to be a jerk with it. For example, I have a very loud car system. I turn it down at stoplights and don't cruise slowly through residential areas with it blasting even though I absolutely could.

You are such a good person.

Mar 23, 2014 at 11:21 PM Post #15 of 32
The HD800's are incredibly light & comfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back