LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
Dec 14, 2012 at 5:13 AM Post #1,081 of 1,111

Dec 14, 2012 at 5:25 AM Post #1,082 of 1,111

Dec 26, 2012 at 11:38 AM Post #1,083 of 1,111
I need some help and you guys might be able to help.  I've been dabbling in music production for a hobby and I need some advice on sound quality.  I use mostly world samples so there's a lot of horns, hi hats, mid range instruments.  Since you all have quality headphones, can you tell me which sound ranges are too low/high ... basically, what sounds can I enhance to make the quality more full?  thanks for any advice

https://soundcloud.com/qodak/301-things-to-do

Mar 29, 2013 at 10:20 PM Post #1,084 of 1,111
Recent owner of LCD2 v2 and an ALO Pan Am, I will join this this thread to discover some new tunes!
L3000.gif

And here are my favorite artists:

Classical: Mahler, Vivaldi, Schumann, Mozart, Yann Tiersen, Emma Matthews
Lounge: The Cinematic Orchestra, Bonobo, Mondo Grosso
Vocals: Emily Wells, Florence + The Machine, Pizzicato Five, Ladyhawke, Adele, Norah Jones
Jazz: David Miles, Oscar Peterson, Charles Mingus
Electronic: Daft Punk, Benny Benassi
Folk/Pop/New-waves/Alternative: Mumford & Sons, The Lumineers, Gold Motel
Rock: Powerfinger, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Green Day.
Soundtracks: Star Wars, The Lord of the Rings, Lost, V (2009)

And a particular attention to the London Symphony

May 5, 2013 at 5:42 AM Post #1,086 of 1,111
I know I'm cheating, lusting after, rather than owning (yet!) a pair of Lcd2...  To tantilise, if anyone with a pair likes Beirut (the band, not place), would be very interested to read impressions of this band's music with these phones, particularly Postcards from Italy or East Harlem.. 2 of my favourite tracks..

May 9, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #1,087 of 1,111
Quote:
I know I'm cheating, lusting after, rather than owning (yet!) a pair of Lcd2...  To tantilise, if anyone with a pair likes Beirut (the band, not place), would be very interested to read impressions of this band's music with these phones, particularly Postcards from Italy or East Harlem.. 2 of my favourite tracks..

Just listened to east harlem, sounds good man. But pretty much my whole music collection sounds great with these phones.

May 9, 2013 at 7:36 PM Post #1,088 of 1,111
Quote:

LCD2 will give you sensation that you never felt before 
atsmile.gif
 Of course as long as you have a good/very good pairing with an headphone amp. 
I will listen to Beirut tonight if I find some times.

May 15, 2013 at 10:39 PM Post #1,089 of 1,111
Anyone out there listen to the Audeze LCD3s on a Mjolnir/Gungnir combo? Just mildly curious to get some feedback. Still extremely happy with my LCD2.2s though.

May 16, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,090 of 1,111
Girls Generation had that combination, recently decided to sell their LCD3 and already sold their Gungnir IIRC.

Could PM GG.

For more feedback, the Mjolnir and Gungnir threads are likely to have several LCD3 owners.

May 19, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #1,091 of 1,111
Anyone know where I can upload high res files? Say 16 bit 44.1khz or higher to share?

I've done a small experiment where I have taken some songs I wanted to "improve". I chose songs from the billboard top charts from the 70s. 

What I have done is take 3 versions of the songs and treat each one separately then combine them into one. I split the 3 versions into highs, mids, lows. I clean all three with a plugin to remove noise, such as white noise and vinyl clicks. I then treated the highs with a plugin to improve on the top kHz. I treaded the mids with some compression and finally the lows I treated with a plugin to add some missing bass and air.

I wanted to share this but haven't got a clue where I can upload this files to.

May 20, 2013 at 10:24 AM Post #1,093 of 1,111
https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0Bx2oWx73XKDZVWxUOWtoQWlQYk0&usp=sharing

Not perfect but its way better than your tipical mp3....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back