LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
May 4, 2012 at 8:23 PM Post #1,070 of 1,111
There was some talk of Zeppelin earlier on in the thread and I thought I would briefly chimin and say that Presence is one of my FAV Zepp albums as well! Though I would say Physical Graffiti is at the top, but it's a little unfair cuz it's a double album.

Favorite Zepp song (and one of my ALL time Fav songs ever) is "Achilles Last Stand" on the Presence album. The first time I played that track (which opens the album) I was in a spell the whole way through and I had to stop the album after the song ended and compose myself...it's stunning...especially when you put together the whole story of Robert Plant being in a wheel chair during that recording because of a near death experience he recently had, and the parallel's the lyrics have to the story of the ancient story of Achilles. That song is deeeep. Lot's to offer emotionally, if your open to it. It's just magical in every way. The music tells just as deep a story as the lyrics do. I think that song was their peak! 

NOW, Zepp sounds GREAT with my LCD 2 Rev 2's and I should tie that back into my comment being as that's what the threat is about...great thread btw :) 

I just bought the "Best of" Remasters of Zepp (came out in 07' I think??) to see if I hear a difference to the CD's I bought years earlier (now that I have such revealing gear to evaluate such differences with)....maybe I'll post my impressions after I'm done :)

Sep 7, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #1,073 of 1,111
Another great album for the LCD's: 

The Knife - Silent Shout (just a mean, dark, tactile, synth-driven album) 

Sep 18, 2012 at 12:47 AM Post #1,074 of 1,111
Requesting music that sounds like 21 Guns - Green Day, and Complicated - Avril Lavigne.

Just sort of a down and blue alternative rock with similar BPM as the above two. Any suggestions = <3

Oct 19, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #1,075 of 1,111
My favorite album of all time is actually a perfect match for the Audeze LCD-2.

If you like metal, this album is a must.

One of the best bands of all time but they definitely aren't a metal band. They may have a few metal songs but I'd say hard rock. They're more of a conceptual band. Always trying different things. They are even pop and classical at times.

So if you like music in general you'll find something for you in rammstein.
I'd say "liebe ist fur alle da" is hands down their best album.

Oct 20, 2012 at 8:34 AM Post #1,076 of 1,111
Quote:
One of the best bands of all time but they definitely aren't a metal band. They may have a few metal songs but I'd say hard rock. They're more of a conceptual band. Always trying different things. They are even pop and classical at times.
So if you like music in general you'll find something for you in rammstein.
I'd say "liebe ist fur alle da" is hands down their best album.

They are definitely a metal band. And yes they do have some ballads and other concept songs, but by far most of their content is some variation of metal.

So Metallica isn't a metal band either because they have songs like Fade to Black and Nothing Else Matters and they have dabbled in blues rock?

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:06 AM Post #1,077 of 1,111
They are definitely a metal band. And yes they do have some ballads and other concept songs, but by far most of their content is some variation of metal.

So Metallica isn't a metal band either because they have songs like Fade to Black and Nothing Else Matters and they have dabbled in blues rock?

That's not what I'm saying at all. I was merely describing their styles. The tone and pace of the music is what makes them more hard rock. Do you also believe black sabbath was/is a metal band?
It's not a stab at rammstein at all, they're one of my favorite bands, but they are without a doubt a hard rock/pop rock band.
As for Metallica I'd say that their first 5 albums were definitely metal but the black albums showed signs of softening up to hard rock but every album up until death magnetic is hard rock. Load? Reload? Garage inc? You're gonna tell me those are metal albums?
On another note I think death magnetic is their heaviest album.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #1,078 of 1,111
Quote:
That's not what I'm saying at all. I was merely describing their styles. The tone and pace of the music is what makes them more hard rock. Do you also believe black sabbath was/is a metal band?
It's not a stab at rammstein at all, they're one of my favorite bands, but they are without a doubt a hard rock/pop rock band.
As for Metallica I'd say that their first 5 albums were definitely metal but the black albums showed signs of softening up to hard rock but every album up until death magnetic is hard rock. Load? Reload? Garage inc? You're gonna tell me those are metal albums?
On another note I think death magnetic is their heaviest album.

Death Magnetic was pretty good apart from the horrible sound quality of it.  I can't stand listening to it.

I would never, ever, call Rammstein a pop rock band. They are not a hard rock band either. They have always been classified as Industrial Metal or Heavy Metal.

Oct 20, 2012 at 9:38 AM Post #1,079 of 1,111
Death Magnetic was pretty good apart from the horrible sound quality of it.  I can't stand listening to it.

I would never, ever, call Rammstein a pop rock band. They are not a hard rock band either. They have always been classified as Industrial Metal or Heavy Metal.

Agreed. Death magnetic was over dubbed. You have to eq the hell out of it but its still a great album.
I've always seen rammstein classified as a hard rock band and when I listen to them it's the impression that I get. It's not a big deal what they're classified as though cause they are a great band. Industrial metal? Compare them to the band who created industrial metal and you'll hear no similarities of pace, drums, or aggression. Of course I'm referring to fear factory

Oct 20, 2012 at 10:11 AM Post #1,080 of 1,111
If you feel like really comparing so as to know why I thnk they are hard rock just listen to Machine Head. They are conceptual while still being heavy metal. I'd put them in the same music mindset but rammstein is just toned way down.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back