LCD-2, LCD-3, Owners and the Music They Love...
May 25, 2013 at 8:32 PM Post #1,096 of 1,111
Ky6vvI0.jpg

Already finding some neat stuff!

Aug 18, 2013 at 12:33 AM Post #1,099 of 1,111
Quote:
Very Cool WarriorAnt, will definitely stay tuned and now I have something to buy other than tubes for my Lyr 
biggrin.gif

Avishai Cohen "Seven Seas" and "Aurora" are amazing albums.  

Here's who is on Aurora:
Avishai Cohen: vocals, acoustic bass, piano on "Dreaming" and "Tres hermanicas eran "
Karen Malka: vocals
Shai Maestro: piano 
Amos Hoffman: electric guitar & Oud
Itamar Doari: percussion & vocals on "Two roses"
Jenny Nilsson: vocals on "About a tree"
Jimmy Greene: soprano & tenor saxophone
Lars Nilsson: flugelhorn
Bjorn Samuelsson: trombone
Bjorn Bholin: English horn

Avishai Cohen Trio is my favorite band of all time so I'm a bit biased.  There are 2 Avishai Cohens, one is definitely more popular than the other but I think both are based in Israel.

Avishai Cohen on the double bass and Maestro on piano.  Amazing stuff from the Chick Corea protege.  Saw the trio twice in concert in Seattle and Portland.  Great live or LCD-2.  Double bass plucking can really be heard prominently on the LCD-2.

Great reccomendation i bought the whole album. Continuo

Aug 18, 2013 at 8:56 PM Post #1,100 of 1,111
Really appreciate this thread! It's great to get some new recommendations.

I listen to mostly classical, especially choral music, like Talis Scholars, Anonymous 4, Chanticleer... Also lots of chamber music. I like Arvo Part, Tavener, and some other minimalists.

For Pop, I'm a big fan of recent Leonard Cohen, from 10 New Songs through Old Ideas, and the current singers like Norah Jones, Patricia Barber, Diana Krall.

Still enjoy an occasional Beatles tune.

I also listen to lots of '40's music, although obviously not as audiophile fare.

Some jazz, like Charles Lloyd, Wynton Marsalis, Christian McBride, plus classics like big band music, boogie-woogie, Getz-Giberto, Satchmo, etc.

Random eclectic albums, like S.A.V.A.E., novelty songs, etc.

Aug 18, 2013 at 10:24 PM Post #1,101 of 1,111
Why yes I now have the stack and the LCD3s. Just incredible. Highly recommended! LCD3s are better than I dreamed they would be.

Oct 22, 2013 at 8:14 PM Post #1,103 of 1,111
Al Marconi on LCD3 via Mjolnir/Gungnir. Whatever anyone says about the "X" phones for me it just does not matter. This setup is so exquisite [for me] I just listen in amazement and in pure bliss... That is all that matters...

Oct 23, 2013 at 11:41 AM Post #1,104 of 1,111
Jul 20, 2014 at 11:52 AM Post #1,105 of 1,111
Whatever happened to this thread? I no longer own my Audezes but I own a lot of the music that was recommended on here. Great stuff! Come on fellas, it's been almost a year since y'all deserted, lol.

Aug 28, 2014 at 10:58 AM Post #1,106 of 1,111
Hoping to revive this thread.

Favorite albums

Holly Cole Trio - Don't Some In Bed Album

Radka Tonef - Fairytales

Norah Jones - Come Away With Me

Clair Marlo - Let It Go

Pat Coil - Schemes and Dreams

Sheffield Drive

Sheffield Pop Experience

Sheffield Jazz Experience

Chesky Acoustic Jazz

.....listening with LCD2 Bamboo - ALO Audio Pan Am + Passport - Stock tubes

Sep 4, 2014 at 10:13 PM Post #1,107 of 1,111
Hard to think of my favorites out of all the music I have, plus the LCD3's tend to make everything sound pretty phenomenal.  If I had to pick a top 5 go to songs, I would say they would be the following:

1)  Deep Purple - Highway Star (Live Japan)
2)  Tool - Lateralus or Ticks & Leaches (tie for #2)
3)  Chris Cornell - Call Me a Dog (Songbook Album)
4)  CCR - I Put a Spell on You
5)  Otis Redding - Anything from the Recorded Live album or his other live performances.
5)  Paco de Lucia, Al Di Meola - Friday Night in San Francisco (their guitar battles as they go back and forth are phenomenal!)

Aug 17, 2018 at 6:15 AM Post #1,109 of 1,111
All of Al Marconi's works. Alchemy, Esperanto, Heartstrings, Insomnia, Monument, Terra Nova, Tropicana. I could not begin to even count how many thousands of hours I have spent over the years listening to these absolutely beautiful compositions.
And so looking forward to hearing them all over again many times when the new LCD4Z arrive.

Also Johannes Linstead: Kiss The Earth, Mediterranea, Sol Luna Tierra, and Tales of a Gypsy. I could throw in Jesse Cook as well. All three of these artists are absolute guitar masters and these works are primarily classical / Spanish / new age type compilations.
And all very highly recommended for those times when one wants to withdraw into that inner space and meditate / chill / get away from life's pressures etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back