LCD-2 : anyone know what serials numbers have rev. 2 of the driver?
Oct 22, 2012 at 7:25 PM Post #16 of 20
Here's a question. If the Rev2 was introduced mid-June (2011), I presume that means that all units bought directly from Audeze were Rev2s from that point on. But what about stock held at their dealers? Did they withdraw all Rev1s and throw them in the trash, or were Rev1s on sale from dealers for as long as stock lasted? If so, that means people buying them from dealers later in 2011 could have Rev1s, doesn't it?  Or does it?

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:27 PM Post #17 of 20
Quote:
Here's a question. If the Rev2 was introduced mid-June (2011), I presume that means that all units bought directly from Audeze were Rev2s from that point on. But what about stock held at their dealers? Did they withdraw all Rev1s and throw them in the trash, or were Rev1s on sale from dealers for as long as stock lasted? If so, that means people buying them from dealers later in 2011 could have Rev1s, doesn't it?  Or does it?

I would think dealers would simply sell old stock, but list 'em as LCD-2 Rev1 so you know what you're buying.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:41 PM Post #18 of 20
Well just to clear this up, I received a reply from Audeze today and in fact my LCD 2 from Mid May 2011 with a serial number of 531 is in fact a Rev 1 driver. So their are 531 serial numbers that have Rev 1 drivers. I was fortunate enough to have a Rev. 1 driver that has been fully reliable for the last year and a half, and sounding truly amazing, opening me up what real head-fi is all about.

So just because one has a 531 serial doesn't necessarily mean you have a Rev 2 driver, anyone interested in what they have should really contact Audeze directly to find out. I just needed to know exactly what I had before I posted them for sale. I think I want to try the new balanced schiit and maybe an LCD 3. 

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #19 of 20
Quote:

Regardless of when they were purchased, the manufacture date and serial number is on the frequency chart that is included with every pair.

Oct 22, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #20 of 20
Quote:
Well just to clear this up, I received a reply from Audeze today and in fact my LCD 2 from Mid May 2011 with a serial number of 531 is in fact a Rev 1 driver. So their are 531 serial numbers that have Rev 1 drivers. I was fortunate enough to have a Rev. 1 driver that has been fully reliable for the last year and a half, and sounding truly amazing, opening me up what real head-fi is all about.

So just because one has a 531 serial doesn't necessarily mean you have a Rev 2 driver, anyone interested in what they have should really contact Audeze directly to find out. I just needed to know exactly what I had before I posted them for sale. I think I want to try the new balanced schiit and maybe an LCD 3. 

Thanks for letting us know. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back