LCD-2 : anyone know what serials numbers have rev. 2 of the driver?
Sep 2, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #3 of 20
531 are Rev 2's and say Audeze LCD-2 instead of Audeze Research.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #4 of 20
Is this confirmed? I actually am waiting for a reply from Audeze on whether I have R1 or R2 drivers, my serial is 5312389 bought new in May 2011, 2 weeks before the new drivers and headband came out. Is there any confirmation that 531 actually all are R2 drivers or is this an assumption. I'm pretty sure there are late R1's that said "audeze Lcd 2" on the grills. I'm really curious what I have now that I have caught wind of this information.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:42 AM Post #5 of 20
Quote:
Is this confirmed? I actually am waiting for a reply from Audeze on whether I have R1 or R2 drivers, my serial is 5312389 bought new in May 2011, 2 weeks before the new drivers and headband came out. Is there any confirmation that 531 actually all are R2 drivers or is this an assumption. I'm pretty sure there are late R1's that said "audeze Lcd 2" on the grills. I'm really curious what I have now that I have caught wind of this information.

All 569's are Rev 1's, I know there was some opaque info on late R1's (like yours).
Some late R1's got the new headband, ear pads and grills. Yet, they remained with same drivers.
So, they're still R1's. 

I couldn't see why if you didn't get any updates yours could be a R2.

To be completely sure though, you'd have to contact Audeze with serial # purchase date.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:55 AM Post #6 of 20
Thank you. I'm just waiting on Audeze for a reply. Hopefully I'll get one monday or during the week. I really hope I have the r2 drivers, that would make me feel a lot better. I was actually going to sell my LCD 2's and get the new bamboo ones but if I actually do have r2 drivers I'm keeping these no question. I haven't had a single problem with these headphones, I'm starting to think they are indeed R2's, but I will wait for a response from Audeze. I will post the result here if there is any other LCD 2 owners that this pertains to. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 20
Quote:
Thank you. I'm just waiting on Audeze for a reply. Hopefully I'll get one monday or during the week. I really hope I have the r2 drivers, that would make me feel a lot better. I was actually going to sell my LCD 2's and get the new bamboo ones but if I actually do have r2 drivers I'm keeping these no question. I haven't had a single problem with these headphones, I'm starting to think they are indeed R2's, but I will wait for a response from Audeze. I will post the result here if there is any other LCD 2 owners that this pertains to. 

Hey man, if they sound good to you, then why even worry about it? Have you heard LCD-2 Rev2's? The Rev1 is noticeably
darker overall, but for me the mids are what give it away. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:23 AM Post #8 of 20
No i haven't heard the Rev 2's if I did I would probably know right away if I have R1 or R2 drivers. I have had bright headphones before, denons, beyers, ultrasones etc. My Lcd 2's dont sound that dark at all, but maybe its just wishful thinking. I'm not really worried about it, I just want to know what exactly I have, and for full disclosure if I ever do decide to sell them. My ears are telling me they are R2's though lol. I received them late May so who knows maybe I got one of the first R2's, or one of the last R1's. Whatever driver I have though, they have been completely reliable for a year and a half. No issues whatsoever. 

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:29 AM Post #9 of 20
Quote:
No i haven't heard the Rev 2's if I did I would probably know right away if I have R1 or R2 drivers. I have had bright headphones before, denons, beyers, ultrasones etc. My Lcd 2's dont sound that dark at all, but maybe its just wishful thinking. I'm not really worried about it, I just want to know what exactly I have, and for full disclosure if I ever do decide to sell them. My ears are telling me they are R2's though lol. I received them late May so who knows maybe I got one of the first R2's, or one of the last R1's. Whatever driver I have though, they have been completely reliable for a year and a half. No issues whatsoever. 

It'll be interesting. As far as I know, I haven't heard of anyone with a Rev1 actually have Rev 2 drivers. IIRC Audeze said the 2 drivers were incompatable.
However, my buddy had Rev1, driver failed, sent 'em off to Audeze, came back with Rev2 drivers. So who knows what kind of craziness goes down at HQ.

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #11 of 20
Yea I think he got mixed up with that. I also think the same way, as Rev 1 and Rev 2 just distinguish the drivers they used. Going back to old threads their were LCD 2's sold with the old style foam headband that indeed had Rev 2 drivers. I'm starting to believe that even if you have a 531 serial number, that doesn't necessarily mean you have a Rev 2 driver. If you look at the LCD 2 serial number roll call thread there were people with 531 serial numbers that ordered and received their LCD 2 in early April, at least a month before the actual Rev 2 drivers were coming into place. This is all just speculation on my part though, hopefully I'll receive an answer from Audeze soon. Mike1127, just out of curiosity, when did you order and receive your LCD 2's?

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #12 of 20
I ordered mine from headroom about mid-August, 2011. I've always thought they were on the dark side, but that seems to be true of all revisions and all headphones Audeze has made, judging by the FR plots. The Rev 2 is less dark than the Rev 1 by all accounts.

Mike

Oct 21, 2012 at 10:38 PM Post #13 of 20
Do yours come with the leather headband?

Whatever Audeze tells me, whether they are Rev 1 or Rev 2 drivers, I think I want to try the new Schiit balanced stack and some LCD 3's. Probably going to end up selling my LCD 2's and try something different. I've had the same gear for the longest time, I feel like switching things up.

Oct 21, 2012 at 11:24 PM Post #14 of 20
Quote:
I thought "Revision 1" and "Revision 2" referred to the drivers themselves. What would "Rev 2" drivers be incompatible with?

The different headphones (housings), again for whatever reason.

I thought I recalled Audeze saying the two drivers (LCD-2 Rev 1 and LCD-2 Rev 2) were incompatible.

But as I said, my buddy had a LCD-2 Rev 1, but one of the drivers failed. Audeze replaced the drivers with what they called the LCD-2 Rev 2 drivers
So my buddies LCD-2 Rev 1 became an LCD-2 Rev 2. 

Does that clear up whatever misunderstanding there was?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back