LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Dec 21, 2011 at 1:53 AM Post #1,816 of 2,398

Quote:
It's 24awg solid rectangular silver.  It's not especially flexible, but it's less of a bear if you don't put a ton of fancy sleeving on it and stick to soft stuff.  It's ok for travel but best suited for home.

Also, all jokes aside, if people are wondering why the hell I'm working with Norse's wire, it was a one off project I did for fun, all I did was assemble it for GG.

Thanks for the reply.

Dec 21, 2011 at 2:22 AM Post #1,817 of 2,398
With Trevor's permission ofcourse. Thank you Trevor!
redface.gif

Quote:
It's 24awg solid rectangular silver.  It's not especially flexible, but it's less of a bear if you don't put a ton of fancy sleeving on it and stick to soft stuff.  It's ok for travel but best suited for home.

Also, all jokes aside, if people are wondering why the hell I'm working with Norse's wire, it was a one off project I did for fun, all I did was assemble it for GG.

Now now, what if your significant other sees this? 
wink.gif

Quote:
I married the wrong girl...

Dec 21, 2011 at 9:40 AM Post #1,818 of 2,398
GG, congratulating on the purchase. So when are you sending them my way :D or I can have someone picking them up tomorrow :D

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:04 PM Post #1,820 of 2,398
Quote:
I married the wrong girl...

Not really because you would either have to buy 2 of everything or fight her off....  Then their would always be fights about what to upgrade next... No I'm perfectly fine with the fact that my wife couldn't care less about this hobby of mine.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:44 PM Post #1,821 of 2,398
+1 LOL. My wife likes good music and has really good ears too, but she's content to leave all technicalities to me and no longer asks questions about the cost 
biggrin.gif

Congratulations GG on the new cables, and ianmedium on getting to such a good space with your system!

Dec 21, 2011 at 5:59 PM Post #1,823 of 2,398
I can recommend a new accountant to you, but he probably won't give you very good financial advice, except to buy more cables 
:-D

Dec 21, 2011 at 7:51 PM Post #1,825 of 2,398
I now use the ALO Reference 16 with the LCD3 and it is still too early to compare it with my Norse Litz cable since burn in time is limited, as my LF is a tube amp so I can only burn in the rig when I am in office. To reach 1000 hours I probably need to wait until next summer...

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:01 PM Post #1,826 of 2,398
      Quote:
I now use the ALO Reference 16 with the LCD3 and it is still too early to compare it with my Norse Litz cable since burn in time is limited, as my LF is a tube amp so I can only burn in the rig when I am in office. To reach 1000 hours I probably need to wait until next summer...

Could you post some pictures of the ALO cable/LCD-3?  If you have, I may have missed them.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #1,827 of 2,398
You could get an Audiodharma cable cooker.  It cooked my cables in 2 days when I borrowed one.  You just need RCA to male mini XLR adapters to burn in the LCD2 cables.

Dec 21, 2011 at 8:48 PM Post #1,828 of 2,398

Quote:
You could get an Audiodharma cable cooker.  It cooked my cables in 2 days when I borrowed one.  You just need RCA to male mini XLR adapters to burn in the LCD2 cables.

Thanks dude, I will check it out.

Quote:
      Quote:
Could you post some pictures of the ALO cable/LCD-3?  If you have, I may have missed them.

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

http://www.head-fi.org/t/567748/cavalli-audio-liquid-fire/555

Dec 21, 2011 at 11:45 PM Post #1,830 of 2,398
It is not as flexible as the Litz but much more flexible and lighter than the previous Norse cable. About at par with stock cable I'd say, and definitely more flexible than the 8 wire version. They use a different coating for the 16 wire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back