LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Dec 20, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #1,801 of 2,398

Quote:
Or yourself
biggrin.gif

As per the rules of the Head-fi User Agreement, I do not exist.  Who's me?

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:36 PM Post #1,802 of 2,398
Quote:
That's true. Heck this whole hobby may be silly to most of the people out there :p
I'll post some pictures of the DHC cable up when Canada Post finally decides to process the package, 8 hours after the original estimated time. 
Meanwhile, what to do with this annoying stock cable getting in the way of everything? 
rolleyes.gif

What DHC cable are you getting? He sure does make some great cables
biggrin.gif
Also just use that stock cable and make a little Christmas ornimate for the CPS when he finally delivers it
L3000.gif

Quote:
As per the rules of the Head-fi User Agreement, I do not exist.  Who's me?

It figures something is trying to make you hide
wink_face.gif

Dec 21, 2011 at 12:25 AM Post #1,803 of 2,398
Wow. Just this evening I reached that moment! Everything gelled tonight, the whole lot has come together, I think the burn in of the amp and cable is done, not sure how I know that but it all just feels perfect to my ears.

I think the best choice I have made in all the years I have been in this hobby has been the LCD's. For me they are, the perfect headphone!

Patricia Barbers A distortion of love album just sounds sublime!

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:00 AM Post #1,804 of 2,398
Presenting, the one and only "Double Helix Norse Norn [CLAS] cable" LOL!
biggrin.gif

You Vancouverians (you, ian) will be seeing my portable gear in January if you're coming to the meet. 

Norn CLAS cable made by DHC
DHC RS Silver Hirose-Hirose IC
VH Audio Pulsar Ag coax RCA-RCA made by DHC
DHC "Hypershort" Hirose-mini adapter
DHC 6-wire Extremely Compact LCD2 cable

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:03 AM Post #1,805 of 2,398
Wow, when you go all out for cables you go all out.......

Quote:
biggrin.gif

You Vancouverians (you, ian) will be seeing my portable gear in January if you're coming to the meet. 

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:14 AM Post #1,808 of 2,398
GG finally actually buying my cables...took em long enough to figure out what they wanted.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:20 AM Post #1,810 of 2,398
Yes.

The DHC Norn USB LOD is the gem of the collection though.  GG is quite certain that their iPhone charges faster with it.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:36 AM Post #1,812 of 2,398
Yep, the Norn wire is nice for its intended purpose, but I've yet to see it in a USB cable, until now...and perhaps litz wire, with its reduced AC losses (oh wait, the iPhone is charging with DC, lol) is putting the juice to the iPhone better.

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:38 AM Post #1,813 of 2,398
Nice cables, dont really like the brown and clear personally, might consider brown to match the headphones a little.

Scooter, how flexible is the DHC RS OCC Silver Molecule and can i ask what gauge the silver is?

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,814 of 2,398

Quote:
biggrin.gif

I married the wrong girl...

Dec 21, 2011 at 1:46 AM Post #1,815 of 2,398
It's 24awg solid rectangular silver.  It's not especially flexible, but it's less of a bear if you don't put a ton of fancy sleeving on it and stick to soft stuff.  It's ok for travel but best suited for home.

Also, all jokes aside, if people are wondering why the hell I'm working with Norse's wire, it was a one off project I did for fun, all I did was assemble it for GG.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back