LCD-2 and LCD-3 Owners - which aftermarket cable do you use?
Dec 20, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #1,786 of 2,398
I'm pretty sure the Piccolino is just one of Crystal's many products, if I'm not mistaken.

Quote:
Is there enough demand for this wire to keep the company in business?   Seems like such a high price item that not too many people are going to be purchasing it for headphones, is it used in other electronics?

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #1,790 of 2,398
I don't believe you need to be rich to afford such cables, anyone with a decent paid job with a passion for audio and quality cables would buy them.
My brothers speaker set up has around £20,000 worth of cables on it.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:43 PM Post #1,791 of 2,398
Completely agree waazup! As I said in my previous post this hobby could actually be deemed a bargain at the higher end of the scale!

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:54 PM Post #1,792 of 2,398

Quote:
Completely agree waazup! As I said in my previous post this hobby could actually be deemed a bargain at the higher end of the scale!

Look at those who collect watches for one with prices of £50'000+ on some of them so this hobby is quite cheap, the average person can buy the STAX 009 with a couple of months pay while to buy a top of the line Rolex it would take a several years pay.

Dec 20, 2011 at 10:58 PM Post #1,793 of 2,398
It might not really be a "bargain" to some iBuds users out there. 
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:00 PM Post #1,794 of 2,398
Heck, think about it, one could have the LCD3 and a top of the range amp for the price of a really boring second hand bland mobile car! I know which I would rather have and you can be sure that in 5 years time if you need to sell either you would pretty much get what you paid for the amp and headphone where as a car of that price would probably be fit for only scrap!

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:04 PM Post #1,795 of 2,398
Well, many see headphones as a "high value" application.  You can get sound that costs a whole lot less than certain speaker setups, while maintaining portability.  Things get a lot more expensive with a full fledged speaker setup, although plenty of speaker setups are high value too.

Crystal has a massive product line that's intended for full size headphone setups, although you can certainly have fun hacking and slashing their offerings into headphone cables or using their interconnects for the rest of your headphone setup.  They don't target headphones the way Moon or ALO do though.  

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #1,796 of 2,398

Quote:
It might not really be a "bargain" to some iBuds users out there. 
biggrin.gif

The amount you spent on your new DHC cable would be silly to some, i'm looking forward to your first impressions and some pictures of the cable with the phones, i'm still trying to make up my mind on which cable to get and i would like the cable to actually look nice also with the phones so pictures would be appreciated.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:08 PM Post #1,797 of 2,398
£50,000 isn't considered overly expensive as far as watches go. Rolex is a good mid-tier performer, but not really high end. Ianmedium is right, this hobby is cheap next to others. 

Quote:
Look at those who collect watches for one with prices of £50'000+ on some of them so this hobby is quite cheap, the average person can buy the STAX 009 with a couple of months pay while to buy a top of the line Rolex it would take a several years pay.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:09 PM Post #1,798 of 2,398

Quote:
Well, many see headphones as a "high value" application.  You can get sound that costs a whole lot less than certain speaker setups, while maintaining portability.  Things get a lot more expensive with a full fledged speaker setup, although plenty of speaker setups are high value too.

Crystal has a massive product line that's intended for full size headphone setups, although you can certainly have fun hacking and slashing their offerings into headphone cables or using their interconnects for the rest of your headphone setup.  They don't target headphones the way Moon or ALO do though.  

Or yourself
biggrin.gif

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:11 PM Post #1,799 of 2,398
That's true. Heck this whole hobby may be silly to most of the people out there :p
I'll post some pictures of the DHC cable up when Canada Post finally decides to process the package, 8 hours after the original estimated time. 
Meanwhile, what to do with this annoying stock cable getting in the way of everything? 
rolleyes.gif

Quote:
The amount you spent on your new DHC cable would be silly to some, i'm looking forward to your first impressions and some pictures of the cable with the phones, i'm still trying to make up my mind on which cable to get and i would like the cable to actually look nice also with the phones so pictures would be appreciated.

Dec 20, 2011 at 11:15 PM Post #1,800 of 2,398

Quote:
That's true. Heck this whole hobby may be silly to most of the people out there :p
I'll post some pictures of the DHC cable up when Canada Post finally decides to process the package, 8 hours after the original estimated time. 
Meanwhile, what to do with this annoying stock cable getting in the way of everything? 
rolleyes.gif

Looking forward to it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back