Lavricables - Impressions & Discussion Thread
Jun 13, 2021 at 3:14 AM Post #16 of 377
Hi, after trying several USB cables, I ordered a ULTIMATE SILVER DUAL HEADED USB INTERCONNECT CABLE. Very happy with it, clear, transparant, dynamic and great resolution. Easy to use as well, the cable is very flexible. Needs serious time to play in, at first sounded a little thin. I guess for a little more richness the Master version is the way to go, but that is for another day!

Aug 13, 2021 at 7:50 AM Post #18 of 377
Review of Master silver cable for Hifiman Arya and Grand silver cable for Focal Utopia

First I wanted to wait for my review as lavricables said there is a burn in period after it sounds even better. But the differences compared to the cables that come with each headphone are so obvious that I feel confident to give my opinion right now. And if it changes to the better even more after some listening time I have nothing against that.

You can see my setup below how all listening was done.
The build feels fantastic, I don‘t even notice them on my headphone and lap anymore. That doesn‘t mean the gauge is too small, quite the contrary, just the bulk of rubber is missing. Looks, feel, fantastic!
Shipping with UPS was also fast... from Latvia to Germany after the order was placed, 2 days, wow!

The sound differences the cables make to each headphone are more or less the same with just slight differences, so I can‘t really compare the difference between the grand and the master cable as they are not interchangeable between the two headphones.

Simply put both cables give you more transparency. By that I don‘t mean just brighter, but the differences in timbre between the instruments become bigger. So yes some instruments sound brighter (not harsher) but for example a saxophone stays soft and warm. That for me is one of the biggest differences is that I can tell instruments apart a lot better by their timbre.
The soundstage feels bigger and airy, especially noticeable with the Utopia, almost like hearing real and precise depth on a headphone for the first time. Not only bigger but instruments are placed more precisely and I can pin point them even better now. I can see the strings on a guitar clearly, the stick hitting the drums…
Both headphones are sounding more dynamic with exact punch and that throughout the frequency range. I was afraid that the Utopia would be too dynamic but as the soundstage opened up it was well compensated through that. Actually a lot more albums were listenable because the closed in feeling was gone.
Arya has lost the dynamic compression that was present when I turned the volume up. The punch does not get reduced in higher volumes anymore. I always thought this is due to the driver but it seems to be due to the smaller gauge cable.
The detail retrieval is better without the highs getting more aggressive, it just was (again) more precise.
I would say that the base maybe got deeper but more noticeably you could tell the deepest two octaves better apart.
Voices became way more real, everything is more real but with voices it was so extremely obvious.
Another good thing is that I can switch between Arya and Utopia a lot easier because they seem to have lost a lot of coloration. They both still are quite different headphones but the timbre of instruments and the acoustic space is more the same.
I am very much amazed how much of a difference those cables make and was also expecting a harsher sound but it´s just more airy in a very soft/neutral way.

If I have to put numbers on it I would say for the Utopia it made a change of 30% and the Arya 20% better. But my personal musical enjoyment in both cases was more like a 50% increase. YMMV…. of course.
I will buy another pair for sure.

Update: There seems to be some smoothing of the treble happening after 20-30 hours of listening. I did not find the sound very harsh to begin with but the highs sound now more natural to me. Wether this is due to brain burn in or some cable change may remain a discussion for another eternity.
I am starting to believe…

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2021 at 3:04 PM Post #20 of 377
I have the Grand for Utopia and HD800 now, the Master for Arya and Ultrasone Edition 5. I have more breathless moments with HD800 and Utopia, but they where my favorite headphones in the first place. Go with Grand for peace of mind or with master for peace with your wife😄

Sep 29, 2021 at 5:20 PM Post #22 of 377
Hi Guys, I need help deciding between Master line and Grand line for my ZMF Verite Closed. Price difference is around USD 150. Is it worth the difference ?
I have quite a few of the Ultimate and have been very happy with them then I got the Master for portable use and the Grand for home use and they both are nice but the Grand is a larger gauge and feels more substantial especially where the ear connectors are
I haven’t really A/B but they both sound wonderful but the Grand is what I will get from now on

Attachments

• AB68E876-BC5E-43EF-9433-749C76D00E9C.jpeg
    AB68E876-BC5E-43EF-9433-749C76D00E9C.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Sep 29, 2021 at 5:57 PM Post #23 of 377
I have quite a few of the Ultimate and have been very happy with them then I got the Master for portable use and the Grand for home use and they both are nice but the Grand is a larger gauge and feels more substantial especially where the ear connectors are
I haven’t really A/B but they both sound wonderful but the Grand is what I will get from now on
Thanks for that. Can you please A/B and let me know what differences do you find ? Thank you.

Oct 28, 2021 at 8:18 AM Post #25 of 377
Review of Lavricable Master silver XLR balanced interconnects

Intro: This review has been done with mainly wrote from notions with my headphone system.
Used gears(order by from source to headphone): PC - uptone regen - intona 2.0 5kv(curious evolve usb) - Holo audio spring3 KTE - Holo audio azure Amp/preamp - HE6seV2 - Lavricables's ultimate headphone cable w/ aeco 4pin plug.

After much enjoyed ultimate headphone cable for he6se half of this year, I think I should shoot out to try Master line interconnects.
Although master line have a bit higher price range than ultimate line, it offered with AECO plugs.
The Aeco plugs basically are made of copper material with gold or rhodium plated pins, its conductivity and resistance coherence are thought to be better than those of ultimate line provided.
For that reason I have bought Master interconnects.

The Master balanced interconnect cable is offered different length: 0.5m, 1m, 1.25m, 1.5m, 2m.
I bought 0.5m and it is priced less than audioquest's columbia or wireworld's eclipse 8.

From this part, I explain my thought and experience using with below cables mainly through comparison side by side.
I had bunch of interconnects and still have few, and those are WW eclipse7 balanced, XLO ultraplus balanced, cheap canare cables.
The eclipse7 has very good tonality and considered as having more neutral presentation.
However this WW cable has smeared glare in highs and the sound is a bit harsh.
I think you should by now think about what you have been told that why silver cable or silver plated cable sound harsher than OCC,OFC copper conducts, But no, that is not true al least with Lavricable.
WW cable known to be never have any sibilant than any other cable, and also does nothing special in every frequency, it is just not right when compared to Lavricables.
I give you further explanation that Lavri not only has effortless presentation, also it has superb detail retrieval.(I'm still doing the break in process, at this time, it should be 70 hours by now)
And this applied same results to XLO cable.
The Ultraplus line of XLO is very good price per dollar, but it is inconvenient to use as they are very steep cables.
In sound wise, it loses detail to WW or Lavri, but have more intimate presentation though.

Final thought: this cable has so much details, however, most strength potion of it is effortless sounding, yet have authority of every spectrum in low bottom to high.
So This cable now prove itself with priced far less than its competitor, also it proves well-made silver cables are better than OCC copper cables with even better tonality.
You don't have to worry about EMI, or RF issues, as it has woven construct, which rejects from any interference, And i heard there is no interference induced.

Oct 29, 2021 at 12:53 AM Post #27 of 377
Hi, after trying several USB cables, I ordered a ULTIMATE SILVER DUAL HEADED USB INTERCONNECT CABLE. Very happy with it, clear, transparant, dynamic and great resolution. Easy to use as well, the cable is very flexible. Needs serious time to play in, at first sounded a little thin. I guess for a little more richness the Master version is the way to go, but that is for another day!
Just got my Ultimate silver usb (usb to micro usb) for Hugo2.

Attachments

• 44A082EB-ACFD-44C5-B113-CD0CC43DF77C.jpeg
    44A082EB-ACFD-44C5-B113-CD0CC43DF77C.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 0
Nov 1, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #28 of 377
Hello, just to share my experience with the three Lavricables I bought. (For Final Audio D8000, for Hifiman Susvara, and for Mysphere 3.2.)

As sources, I use Chord Blu MK2 with Chord Dave, connected by double SOtM BNC cables, and an Accuphase DP 570.
As amps, I use a Viva audio 2A3, Tskaridis Apollon monoblocks, and an Audiovalve Solaris with an internal DAC.

Grand Line silver cable with Final Audio D8000.
May be the more impressive result. The D8000 is an headphone I really like, for its impact, its dense and meaty sound, but for me it was lacking a touch of subtlety, sharpness and layering.

So I was hopping the Grand Line could bring some of that to the table. And it did. It brought exactly that: clarity; transparency; wider, airier and deeper soundstage. The improvement with the D8000 was worth every euro. It completely took this headphone to a next level, like really TOTL, up there with the Susvara and the Abyss Phi TC.

Grand Line silver cable with Hifiman Susvara.
Another great result. This aftermarket cable had big effect here:
Bass slams more, and, at the same time, it is more “under control”.
Better layering in the midrange, more air around the instruments, allowing better imaging and depth.
Treble is sparkier, without becoming harsh or aggressive.

Reference silver Mysphere 3 upgade cable.
I immediately perceived an improvement. To be honest, it was not day and night, as the Mysphere premium cable is already a good one, but with the Lavricable, everything was sounding a bit better: Better precision, better layering, better transparency, better depth.

I may add that I have had a perfect customer experience. They are very responsive, even on week-ends, and communication is very fluent and pleasant. And I agree with other testimonies here: very reliable and under-rated company.

Attachments

• IMG_6341.jpg
    IMG_6341.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6340.jpg
    IMG_6340.jpg
    558.6 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6212.jpg
    IMG_6212.jpg
    876.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6210.jpg
    IMG_6210.jpg
    890.3 KB · Views: 0
Nov 4, 2021 at 6:20 PM Post #29 of 377
Got my Grand 20core RCA interconnects yesterday. Lavricables does it again. Smooth, Amazing micro details. Higher the volume I crank up, instead of getting shouty, It draws me more into the music. Its like every sound in music increases in vertical depth (sounds grand) if you know what I mean.

Nov 5, 2021 at 10:37 PM Post #30 of 377
So glad that I stumbled upon this company. After trying a myriad of different cables from different manufacturers, this was legitimately the first time I plugged a cable in and noticed an immediate difference. Opted for the Master Silver with dual-3pin AECO XLR's (no burn in) for my HiFiman HE1000SE's, as well as the Master Silver XLR Interconnects (100 hours burn-in).

Build Quality: To be honest, I'd be lying if I didn't admit these are the most beautiful cables I've ever used. Right out of the box they arrive in a decently small black bag displaying the companies name. It also includes a sticker, who doesn't like stickers? All in all, anything from the Master and above is premium feeling and the AECO connectors have a weight to them that adds to the higher quality build Lavricables is reaching for.

Sound impressions: Once broken in, the soundstage and distance between instruments became pretty apparent. Highs-Upper Mids had a greater sense of air and female vocals especially, decay with incredible accuracy. Switching between the stock cable and the silver, the stock kind of rounded the edges off a bit eliminating some of the detail retrieval the HE1000SE is famous for. With the silver, bass hits like a sledgehammer and is incredibly accurate and textured. Listening to ''In Your Eyes'' by The Weeknd, the bass was direct, shaped, and clearly presented at the bottom of the soundstage providing a foundation for all of the microdynamics to shine through. Of all my years of auditioning different headphones and cables, never have I heard such an audible difference from such a ''minor'' addition to ones audio system.

Once I installed the Master Silver Interconnects between my McInsoth MHA200 and Denafrips Venus II, the improvements became even more apparent. Everything became just a notch better. Currently own a pair of Susvaras and have ordered the Grand Line with AECO connectors for them. Can't imagine going with another company for my cables. These are special, and some of the nicest audio jewelry my eyes have ever gazed upon.

IMG_9930.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_9932.JPG
    IMG_9932.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9933.JPG
    IMG_9933.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9934.JPG
    IMG_9934.JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_9939.JPG