Launching Tronsmart Apollo Bold Hybrid Active Noise Cancelling TWS Earbuds
Jul 24, 2020 at 9:52 PM Post #46 of 85
They do not have aptX HD for now, may come in Sep when the App is released.

I slept with mines last night about 10 feet from source with under 30 volume and battery ran out in one bud (think it was the left) in less than 5 hours (no ANC),other bud took over at 40% battery left so seems no Roll Switching going on.

Along with not too great a fit unless I mess with my own tips due to bigger canals (so ANC not too great but hard to tell due to this reason) which mean cannot fit case witrh them fitted and they are IMO all about bass which spoils most of my music (sounds ok on poor quality pop music though but not forgiving on flac Classical or Enya types and iffy touch controls at time with no way to power on/off without the case these are not for me.
Hi, helmutcheese,
Please contact our custom service: support@tronsmart.com.
Apollo Bold can play up to 10 hours without ANC at the volume of 50%.

Jul 24, 2020 at 11:28 PM Post #47 of 85
I let them charge since this morning and took out case 3 hours ago and one side was 10% and other was 100%, so had to charge again.

I see no point in a pair of earphone having the new flagship chip if they cannot be turned on and off without the case, cannot pair to at least 2+ devices and remember them and have ANC on by default when they are taken out of case after a charge.

Also a lot of touches are detected wrong or simply beep in one ear and do nothing (it varies what ear they beep in) false touches due to the lying on side with pillow during the night.

Also as I stated previously the sound is not good just muddy bass with not much else.

I appreciate the offer of support but I am returning these to Amazon thanks.

Jul 25, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #48 of 85
I let them charge since this morning and took out case 3 hours ago and one side was 10% and other was 100%, so had to charge again.

I see no point in a pair of earphone having the new flagship chip if they cannot be turned on and off without the case, cannot pair to at least 2+ devices and remember them and have ANC on by default when they are taken out of case after a charge.

Also a lot of touches are detected wrong or simply beep in one ear and do nothing (it varies what ear they beep in) false touches due to the lying on side with pillow during the night.

Also as I stated previously the sound is not good just muddy bass with not much else.

Hi, helmutcheese,
Thanks for your feedback. Sorry to hear it. Please charge again and see how long you can use. Please also make sure both of the earbuds are fully charged.
Have a nice weekend.

Jul 27, 2020 at 6:50 AM Post #49 of 85

How did you measure charge for each earphone separately? Any hint?

Jul 27, 2020 at 8:21 AM Post #50 of 85
On Android you really cant at same time but once one dies let it run in single mode and then it will be the other buds level (it usually stays on and takes over the connection when the other buds powers due to zero battery unlike other buds where both shut down).

Same for Windows but you can see battery levels even before 2004 update: https://www.bluetoothgoodies.com/

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #51 of 85
How did you measure charge for each earphone separately? Any hint?
In android each bud has its own connection so each one shows its own charge in the BT settings.
I noticed they have to sit right in the case to charge. I took them out before and one was at 30% and the other at 100% but when looking into it, I realised that the tips I put on them means they didn't sit quite right so I've just added a bit of padding to the top of the case and they're all good now.

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #52 of 85
In android each bud has its own connection so each one shows its own charge in the BT settings.
I noticed they have to sit right in the case to charge. I took them out before and one was at 30% and the other at 100% but when looking into it, I realised that the tips I put on them means they didn't sit quite right so I've just added a bit of padding to the top of the case and they're all good now.
Yeah, the same in iOS - two BT devices. Finally I managed to see battery level for both, I haven’t such huge difference like written above, usually both earphone in a range of 5% (at least when I tested/looked during last 3 hours).

Jul 27, 2020 at 11:50 AM Post #54 of 85
On Android PIE the 2 buds show as 2 identical devices (no L or R in name) but only one will be connected at one time to the phone (not sure if Android 10 can show both battery levels (TWS+ Chipset phones)

I simply disconnected from one and connected to other to see battery level and the biggest gap I saw was 30% between buds so not sure if any type or Role Switching is going on if not on a TWS+ Chipset phone, same goes for Windows.

Proper twin use is not going to be here till BT 5.2.

I tested these with NO ANC both on my PC (aptX) and Android (aptX and Forced SBC) overnight with only 22% volume playing white noise and only got just over 4 hours one one bud then swapped to other bud for single use and it died 3 hours later so a total of 7 hours

I took screenshots of the volume level, the low battery warning/levels and VLC playing a file for that time (the timeline shows how long).

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2020 at 12:11 PM Post #55 of 85
@Tronsmart Official also want to make you aware, there was no bad inside of my package, but your website's pictures listed it among of other accessories.

Check under the bottom plastic (basically taking everything out of the box) I just checked and mine was there so cheers for reminding me :thumbsup:

@helmutcheese - Yeah, I'm using android 10 with TWS+ and they connect simultaneously. I just renamed the connection for L and R. Whats the improvement coming in 5.2? I just presumed they run their own connections for full twin use over the daisy chaining method. So far they run at about 5-6 hours with 70% vol and ANC on.
BT_apollo_bold.jpg

Jul 27, 2020 at 12:19 PM Post #56 of 85
Check under the bottom plastic (basically taking everything out of the box) I just checked and mine was there so cheers for reminding me :thumbsup:

@helmutcheese - Yeah, I'm using android 10 with TWS+ and they connect simultaneously. I just renamed the connection for L and R. Whats the improvement coming in 5.2? I just presumed they run their own connections for full twin use over the daisy chaining method. So far they run at about 5-6 hours with 70% vol and ANC on.
BT_apollo_bold.jpg
Yes, I checked already, but I haven't it in box unfortunately.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back