Laser Mouse!
Sep 3, 2004 at 10:18 PM Post #18 of 66
I have a logitech mouse. It has your basic left/right click, clickable scroll wheel, and a thumb button. Wireless, and optical... uses recharable batteries, thank god.

I hate the mouse though. I mean, sure it has a thumb button and all, but I can't even bind it to anything inside a game, so it's kinda useless...
Too few buttons too. I must have at least 5 different buttons on my mouse to be happy.

Should give my thumb access to 4 different buttons... and my ring and pinky finger don't do anything either. What a waste of fingers. Mice need more buttons.

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:21 PM Post #19 of 66
woot, i need a new damn mouse too. i was looking at the optical rechargable one, but why spend less
biggrin.gif

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:31 PM Post #22 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Is it really?

Has anyone tried this new mouse yet for gaming?

Or is an overgeneralization being made here?

-Ed

It used to be case, but recent models, expecially since the Logitech MX700, perform splendidly in gaming - you just need to get used to the additional mass compared to a corded version. The MX1000 might be lighter still...

~KS

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:43 PM Post #23 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by GokieKS
It used to be case, but recent models, expecially since the Logitech MX700, perform splendidly in gaming - you just need to get used to the additional mass compared to a corded version. The MX1000 might be lighter still...

~KS

Speaking as an ex-quake II player that took the game pretty seriously, the mx700 would be the last mouse I would choose for FPS games.Aside from the fact that the thing weighs a ton, the feet that are put under the mouse wear out far too fast, mine were gone within a few months (wouthout playing FPS but RTS)
Also the paint on the top of the mouse (buttons) was gone pretty fast.
The mouse I used before that (microsoft) was much better on all respects and is still in good condition even today.
It is only for the fact that I do not play any serious competition games anymore that I am using the MX700 - I bought it simply because it went well with the rest of the stuff and cordless looks great IMO.....

Sep 3, 2004 at 10:54 PM Post #24 of 66
Great looking mouse. I do wish they would position the thumb button lower, the same as its original position in earlier logitech mouses. I currently have the mx500 and never use the thumb button because of its awkward positioning.

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:00 AM Post #25 of 66
i just hate the thought of recharging your mouse every now and then... and especially for people who sometimes get online for many hours non-stop.. and suddenly the battery goes flat... what a bummer...
thats why im happy with my MX500.

Sep 4, 2004 at 1:38 AM Post #26 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spent&Bent
Speaking as an ex-quake II player that took the game pretty seriously, the mx700 would be the last mouse I would choose for FPS games.Aside from the fact that the thing weighs a ton, the feet that are put under the mouse wear out far too fast, mine were gone within a few months (wouthout playing FPS but RTS)
Also the paint on the top of the mouse (buttons) was gone pretty fast.
The mouse I used before that (microsoft) was much better on all respects and is still in good condition even today.
It is only for the fact that I do not play any serious competition games anymore that I am using the MX700 - I bought it simply because it went well with the rest of the stuff and cordless looks great IMO.....

The finish does wear off... that much I can agree with. My MX500 which I replaced my MX700 with (because I was getting interference issues) just a few months ago is already suffering from that problem. But it doesn't really make the mouse any less usable, so I don't see it as a big problem. I'm admittedly not nearly as big a gamer as I used to be (though I still require a good mouse for digital graphics applications), but I've not had a problem with the "feet" being worn out, even on my 2+ year old MX700. Maybe it's the surface you're using it on?

The mass is just something you'd have to consider as a tradeoff for the wireless capability and learn to live with it until battery technology improves.

Fuel cell powered mice, anyone?
wink.gif

~KS

Sep 4, 2004 at 2:25 AM Post #27 of 66
Argh...here I was contentedly thinking that replacing my MX500 with the MX700 would be all I needed to do...now that corded MX1000 looks oh-so-appealing...any comparisons to top end Microsoft mice? I've always been loyal to logitech (better ergonomics/seemed better technology, too), but would consider the big M if they can top the MX1000.

Sep 4, 2004 at 11:24 AM Post #29 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by dj_mocok
i just hate the thought of recharging your mouse every now and then... and especially for people who sometimes get online for many hours non-stop.. and suddenly the battery goes flat... what a bummer...
thats why im happy with my MX500.

I use one of the newest edition MS wireless mice, and I can't complain at all... the accuracy is pretty good, the feel of it is to me spot on, MS really do seem to know what they're doing with ergonomics imo, but the best part is that with just two AA batteries this thing is going and going and going... i've had this easily for three months now, if not more... and its still on its first set, and battery status is reporting as healthy on the intellimouse console...

Not bad at all
smily_headphones1.gif

Sep 4, 2004 at 11:27 AM Post #30 of 66
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Gonna go buy it and try it tomorrow.

Best Buy's having a 10% off sale. That way the price will be normal.
tongue.gif

-Ed

Ed, please, would you mind to write a review here later on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back