Feb 29, 2008 at 9:31 PM Post #61 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by truant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My money finally has come back!!
Yeeeeeah!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

That is great news truant! I am so glad to hear it!

Feb 29, 2008 at 11:10 PM Post #63 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by Copperjacket /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you pay by a credit or charge card you usually have a claim against the card company in the case of faulty goods or services.

This is certainly the case in the UK with for example Mastercard.

I would suggest you might want to check this out ASAP.

Good idea,but after a few charge backs even the credit card company will squawk at you,and might not be soo willing to refund you.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hamparts /img/forum/go_quote.gif
After five months, I just received a full refund via my PayPal account in one hour and eighteen minutes albeit less the transaction fee but who cares.

I composed a very business like letter (which I will share via PM) addressed to the Lane County District Attorney, PayPal and the FBI Internet Fraud Division. I sent a very pleasant (as I have always been with Larry) email to Larry asking him to review my letter for accuracy of the facts. And I told him I intended to send it to all three agencies today if I didn't get a refund to my PayPal account today.

I'm sure the PRII mk2 sounds great but so do my Lisa III, Graham Slee Voyager, IQube and countless other amps I have which have much better customer service. Life is to short for LaRocco, even as a reference.

Thanks to everyone for the idea and information.

Good advice !

Quote:

My money finally has come back!!
Yeeeeeah!
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Cool,good to hear !
smily_headphones1.gif

Mar 1, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #64 of 80
Quote:

Originally Posted by jorgillo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Congrats, truant!!

Perhaps other people should use "nickknutson tactics"
smily_headphones1.gif

Quote:

Yes! Nick's tactics are persuasive
biggrin.gif

They should only be used by trained professionals.

Apr 3, 2008 at 12:19 AM Post #66 of 80
Funny, after this last series of posts Larry's email seemed to come back to life. My PRII was sent in for repair (after Larry both emailed AND phoned!!) in mid-January to say send it in. Since I have both a Lisa and iQube I figured I could live without the PRII for a while. Off it went.

After a couple weeks with no contact I started emailing Larry wondering what the status of my amp might be. Nothing, just silence. This went on with me sending emails every other day until this thread started up. All of a sudden Larry sent an email saying he was sorry, he was really busy with Diablo issues (I bet!) and that my amp had essentially died - needed full on upgrade to Mk2 status.

Okay, I said, go ahead, keep me posted. A week went by, I sent an email, Larry apologized, said it would go out that week. Another week, same thing. Now he has gone dark again.

AARRRRGGGHHH!!!

Jul 20, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #68 of 80
Perhaps that signals the end.

Jul 21, 2008 at 9:45 AM Post #70 of 80
Maybe the mods could start a similar action as they've taken with Single Power and Dr Xin to know how many people have their money "on hold" and have units for fixing by LaRocco Audio. This is another manufacturer to stay warned about long delivery terms, sparse communication... A pity.

Rgrds

Aug 16, 2008 at 7:20 PM Post #72 of 80
So Larocco Audio gone? Haven't heard anything new as of now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back