LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Oct 20, 2015 at 1:21 AM Post #451 of 1,051
Previous problem was that I could not playback DSD256 via J River Media 20 on PC
I thought it was from the driver problem or inappropriate set up of the J River Media
I got the answer from head-fi members and it is now working
It sounds wonderful, however at present there is some stuttering during the playback, probable
because my computer is using I Core 5, However I don't want to upgrade to I Core 7 right now
How can I solve this problem?  I have decreased multitask function of my computer and it helps
but not totally eliminated.

Could it be because of the USB cable I am using (Ridge Street Alethias 1.5 m)?  I have ordered
Audioquest diamond USB to use or do I need to use Light Speed Light Harmonic? or other?

Will Uptone Regen or Audioquest Jitterbug help?  Schiit Wyrd does not work

Oct 20, 2015 at 3:28 PM Post #452 of 1,051
A fantastic review from our very own Immtbiker!

http://headphone.guru/lampizat0r-big-7-dac-dac-do-as-dac-does/

Thanks for your efforts, Aaron!

Oct 20, 2015 at 4:07 PM Post #453 of 1,051
  Thanks for the suggestion and help here and via private message
I finally have my Lampizator Big7 running and it sounds wonderful even
with the tubes that came from previous owner : EH274B + Sylvania 6A3 & EML45

I will try Western Electric 101D (original), Arcturus Blue 145, RCA Globe UX245,
RCA 2A3 monoplate, Sylvania 2A3 spring top, WE300B , WE274B later

I also would like to ask whether can I use Osram PX25 , PX4 as they are similar to 300B

Thanks for the suggestion and help here and via private message
I finally have my Lampizator Big7 running and it sounds wonderful even
with the tubes that came from previous owner : EH274B + Sylvania 6A3 & EML45

I will try Western Electric 101D (original), Arcturus Blue 145, RCA Globe UX245,
RCA 2A3 monoplate, Sylvania 2A3 spring top, WE300B , WE274B later

I also would like to ask whether can I use Osram PX25 , PX4 as they are similar to 300B

PX4 works, with adapter..Try pring top 6A3 too….not such a fan of 2a3.

Oct 20, 2015 at 6:54 PM Post #454 of 1,051
Thanks I do have Osram PX4 globe and shoulder type with adapter.

I have Sylvania 6A3 but not spring top.  I have Sylvania 2A3 spring filament
will try that later (and Silvertone RCA 2A3 monoplate).

I am now using the Sylvania 6A3 + 274B and will listen for a while before changing the tubes.

I have turned off my antivirus + download and the Lampizator big 7 is now running
without any problem.  I can still use internet search.

Nov 12, 2015 at 11:27 AM Post #455 of 1,051
Hi folks,
I got my Lampizator Level 5 Gen 4 DAC (two boxes) with DSD, Balanced Audio, Remote Controlled Preamp with Duelund caps two days ago and it is mindblowing.
I bought the machine used so it is already burned in.
Before that I´ve tried the PSA Directstream and kept my Wadia,
I will still keep the Wadia, but only because he´s such a sweety and you don´t give a pet away.
I´m wondering whether Lukas is using a Multibit or Delta Sigma DAC for PCM. Unfortunately I don´t get the lid off because it doesn´t move over something sticking out in the middle.
I´m guessing it is a Multibit Chip or better a good handful of them.
Cheers
Kai

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM Post #456 of 1,051
He has done both Delta-sigma and Multi-bit PCM in the past. Chipset code (on back plate)would tell if you knew how to decipher. Alas, only he does.

However, he now offers a LADDER Dac option f the new GG Dacs..not sure of the premium, BUT he claims the non-Ladder PCM is just about as good, with latest improvements.

Nov 12, 2015 at 12:52 PM Post #457 of 1,051
I also have one unit of Intel NUC with Linux to use with the Lampizator big 7.
I also have J River Media 21 (with Linux option) installed.
However when I connected with the big 7 it did not recognize the DAC.
I knew that Linux does not need any driver , is it still true?
or is it because J River Media 21 is new so it is not compatible with the big 7.
Should I then use J River Media 20?
thanks,
Kiertijai

Nov 13, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #458 of 1,051
I haven´t seen the R2R option yet but I will ask him about it.
I just now found this in regard to the DAC chips:
 The chips are current production, latest models and not nostalgic 16 bit units. It is a multi bit top model with fully differential balanced outputs and 384 kHz capability.

I´ll have to think about what model it could be.
Cheers
Kai

Nov 14, 2015 at 9:26 AM Post #459 of 1,051
Hello people it's been a while. Both my B7 and head dac are back in Poland getting some stuff done
The head dac got a great reception at the Warsaw show.
My room is almost ready to be set up floors get third coat on Monday so weds I'll start to move in.
Not sure when I get my lampi s back.
For us headphone people yes the head dac is better than the B 7 with jacks. But remember that's cause I can have them side by side it's an improvement for sure but this is with the hd800 alone and they show all sides to be heard
Simple put the head dac is more powerful with headphones not louder they both are loud but more weight
Like when yo love your amp and get a more powerful one and then your music goes up a level.
Also according to luk my B 7 has an internal driver tube inside where the head dac it's external and can be rolled
I'll be posting here more often

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:12 AM Post #461 of 1,051
Yes, the B7 with HP jacks have a sub-minature driver tube, while the HeadDac has a 6sn7 class driver tube that is rollable.

I saw your HDac at the show and it was lovely.

Picture here: 
http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2015/11/13/warsaw-2015-dac-ology/

Nov 14, 2015 at 10:37 AM Post #462 of 1,051
Thanks I missed the local headfi meet this year again and feel really bad as I want to show my stuff off. As I go from NYC to North Carolina I'll try to hit the Virginia meet this time .

Dec 17, 2015 at 1:18 PM Post #464 of 1,051
Trying to decide between B7 balanced or maybe stretch a bit for GG single ended.  I have both balanced and unbalanced options in chain.  My equipment isn't scattered so balanced isn't a necessity.  I do like the fact that single ended has more tube rolling options.  But then again, balanced is always nice.

In any case, any options/configuration you would order your B7 or GG if you had to do it again.  I have B5 right now btw (doh my poor bendix 6x5 going to be sitting around).

Dec 17, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #465 of 1,051

I would get the golden Gate SE more tube rolling options
And you have a topmrier lampi that can be modeled in the future but is the future in sind now
Just my 2 cents so if you needed a push I helped you lol
A d above is my new room almost done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back