LAMPIZATOR THREAD COMMENTS REVIEWS TUNING
Oct 30, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #631 of 1,046
  It will sound better than the Totaldac 12, because of the analog output. The digital is only a part of it. Power supply and analog stage are where the magic is. Always has been. Therefore you could go back to the handbuilt B7s, and they will sound better

Hmm, I think that is a big guess based on no facts. The Twelve has more precision resistors in the DC circuit than any DAC on the market IMO. And knowing how clever Vincent is, he won't have skimped on the PS or output stage. I think the 12 has no gain stage as enough voltage from the big ladder array.

My old school Audio Note DAC 5 Special sound mighty good, super smooth and very undigital. It majors on the power supply design and line stage. Be interested how the (in development) ladder array sounds in comparison to the trusty 1865 chip.

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:12 PM Post #632 of 1,046

For those of you planning to visit T.H.E. Show in Newport Beach in June, room 419 promises to be truly unique. 

We look forward to experiencing it with you!

Fred A.
LampizatOr North America

Hi Fred

Is LampizatOr going to be at NY Can Jam?  Curious as to what amp and Headphones you guys use to demo the Atlantic and Komputer ?

Best 

John

Dec 12, 2016 at 3:47 PM Post #634 of 1,046
Lampizator makes a Headdac model...ie Dac + amp.
Ot can drive most HP...notably Senn hd800 and BD Tesla T1...not Hifiman HE-6 though.

Thanks

I already own the Atlantic and Komputer ( Fred set it up) as well as the Utopia but I am itching to upgrade my 10 year old Rudistor RPX-33 amp

Also going to the show and wanted to say hello to Fred and Rob... sorry to derail this thread 
frown.gif

Dec 12, 2016 at 6:41 PM Post #635 of 1,046
May I ask what headphones you fancy and it's spec
Imp / reccomended power needed and what imp ?

Dec 13, 2016 at 10:02 AM Post #636 of 1,046
May I ask what headphones you fancy and it's spec
Imp / reccomended power needed and what imp ?

ALRAINBOW,

They are the Focal Utopias not sure of specs but they are not too hard to drive.

Dec 14, 2016 at 11:06 AM Post #637 of 1,046
The Lampizator guys used the Wells audio Headtrip amp with their DAC at the last big meet.

Dec 17, 2016 at 1:49 PM Post #640 of 1,046
OT

The customer service I have gotten from Lamizator has been phenomenal.  I could not ask for or expect better service.  It is by far the best I have received from any company.  It really enhances the brand.  They are lucky to have guys like Rob and Fred working for them.  When my Komputer had a hiccup they took care of it immediately and I was able to pick it up on a Sunday morning at Rob's home ( he even offered to deliver it ).  My family wouldn't treat me as nice
wink.gif
   Lapizator's craftsmanship is only exceeded by it's customer service.  I highly recommended them in every aspect!! 

Dec 22, 2016 at 12:16 PM Post #641 of 1,046
Really enjoying this combo.

Jan 10, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #642 of 1,046
Anybody heard or own a Lampizator DAC connected to the Headamp BHSE with Stax 009's ?   If so, is it single ended or balanced ?  

Jan 10, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #644 of 1,046
Anybody heard or own a Lampizator DAC connected to the Headamp BHSE with Stax 009's ?   If so, is it single ended or balanced ?  

That's my current favorite combo. GG to BHSE to SR009. Use the tubes to change the sound a bit based on music.

I am currently balanced all the way through but don't see why you couldn't go SE.

Jan 11, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #645 of 1,046

You thinking of moving DACs Bonesy? I have watched the Lampizator gear advances for some time and met Lukatz twice at shows. it is an interesting company and has some parallels with Audio Note and Zanden being tubed DACs and (originally) NOS. I would hazard a guess and say the Big 7 SE or GG would be the one to go for.

A tubed DAC can do something special, it certainly seems to align with my personal taste anyway. I would contact Lukatz and get a home demo, he has this facility in the UK.

The only extra thing to consider IMO would be the ongoing cost of the big DHT tubes. The Balanced versions have 4 output tubes instead of 2. I imagine they are not driven hard though so you may get 2 years+ out of a set?

There is a fan boy thread over at whatsbestforum and computeraudiophile. It seems folk who go Lampi stay with the brand which is a good sign. Lukatz offers 5 year warranty as well! HC slag them off something rotten, but don't take any notice of that. They won't have heard the recent units and the build quality now is first rate. The early units were point to point spaghetti but it didn't market so well, so he went PCB.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back