Lady GaGa
Jan 7, 2010 at 7:31 PM Post #16 of 194
It's definitely one of those black and white albums. I for one enjoy most of her tracks. I do hope she comes out with a live acoustic album since that's where her vocals truly shine.

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:36 PM Post #18 of 194
I'm listening to it right now and she rides mi disco stick good. :p OP should definitely listen to it if he likes it. ;]

Jan 7, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #19 of 194
42 and into gaga here.. have no CD.. just youtube... don't fight it..

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:48 AM Post #20 of 194
Am I the only one who isn't familiar with Lady Gaga? But since a lot of you seem to be enjoying her, I'll go pick up an album. Any recommendations for a particular album or tracks?

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:17 AM Post #21 of 194
While I do feel that she is part of what's wrong with today's music industry, and most of me wants to hate her... She is talented isn't she? I mean, she appears to be creating a new pop sound that's unique and identifiable. Not to mention her horrible horrible songs are ridiculously catchy and infectious... It's a conundrum.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:48 AM Post #22 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by Uncle Erik /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Am I the only one who isn't familiar with Lady Gaga? But since a lot of you seem to be enjoying her, I'll go pick up an album. Any recommendations for a particular album or tracks?

"Poker Face". Track 4 on "The Fame". Very clever lyrics. The title is a pun. The song makes an important statement about the thin line between rough sex and abusing women, as well as taking a few swipes at co-dependence and the Vegas scene, while also empowering women. Quite a lot for one track.

This is not your typical pop fare.

NY Times called her "Entertainer of the Year, 2009". That's the NY Times!

I mean she and her music are everywhere man!

I'm a 60-year old fat white guy, and I love her stuff.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:53 AM Post #23 of 194
I don't understand why people think she has any talent or that she is different from all of the same old horrible pop. It's annoyingly catchy and not original at all.
If she is making a new style it's certainly not a good one.

IMHO

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:57 AM Post #24 of 194
Gaga definitely stands out among the pop crowd - she's creative, varied, weird, and pretty damn consistent (at least so far). The number of legitimate hits she's had in the last 2 years is pretty impressive.

Edit - she seems pretty into making these acoustic versions:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:02 AM Post #26 of 194
I love Gaga, be proud. Her two albums are The Fame and The Fame Monster. I personally prefer The Fame Monster, although The Fame has the excellent hits Paparazzi and Poker Face. Most of the songs on The Fame Monster are good. Honestly, Bad Romance, Alejandro, Monster, Dance in the Dark, and Telephone are all excellent songs from the album, and Speechless is different from her normal style but I still think it's solid. The only ones I don't like are the last two. Her hooks are damn catchy. Some good songs from The Fame are Just Dance, Paparazzi, Poker Face, I Like It Rough, and Paper Gangsta. I haven't listened to The Fame enough to get a complete idea of its quality though. I only started listening to Lady Gaga seriously after she came out with The Fame Monster.

She also attended CTY according to Wikipedia, which is pretty much just a camp for smart kids... so she must be reasonably intelligent too!

... This post was a complete rant.

Jan 8, 2010 at 3:43 AM Post #27 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by AmanGeorge /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Gaga definitely stands out among the pop crowd - she's creative, varied, weird, and pretty damn consistent (at least so far). The number of legitimate hits she's had in the last 2 years is pretty impressive.

Edit - she seems pretty into making these acoustic versions:

ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

You know it's still not great, but that version is SO MUCH BETTER than the crappy pop version on the album. If she made songs like that I would actually respect her.
But she doesn't.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:44 AM Post #29 of 194
Sometimes I'm afraid to admit I enjoy Lady G every now and then. :shrug:

I have to wonder about a girl that would wear a suit made of Kermit dolls, but then I look at my sister and her stupid "Coach" purse. They might still be hideous, but at least one is not a walking billboard.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:57 AM Post #30 of 194
I say we put our awfully pedantic classifications of "good" music vs. "oh-so-horrid popular" music aside and simply listen to what we like. If you like a given artist you shouldn't be unsettled to the point that you have to create a thread to ask if it's "proper" for someone of your demographic to like that artist.

Screw what is proper and what you should be listening to and what you shouldn't. Listen to what you like and not what you're supposed to like. Part of being an audiophile is not giving a ******* about what others think of your obsession---and simply living it to its fullest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back