Lady GaGa
Jan 8, 2010 at 4:59 AM Post #31 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by hardRAWKR /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't understand why people think she has any talent or that she is different from all of the same old horrible pop. It's annoyingly catchy and not original at all.
If she is making a new style it's certainly not a good one.

IMHO

What?

Quote:

You know it's still not great, but that version is SO MUCH BETTER than the crappy pop version on the album. If she made songs like that I would actually respect her.
But she doesn't.

So what you're saying is that even if someone is talent unless they do act upon their talent, they do not deserve any sort of recognition?

Although I have no working understanding of how the music industry works, I'm pretty sure she does not have complete control over what eventually goes to market, and also attempts to capitalize on what the market is demanding rather than what is deemed acceptable by the minute and insignificant audiophile market.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #32 of 194
Quote:

I don't understand why people think she has any talent or that she is different from all of the same old horrible pop. It's annoyingly catchy and not original at all. IMHO

I think if you only catch the stuff on TV you might have that opinion. But get the two CDs ... LG is the real thing, not at all derivative or copying.

This does not happen much in pop.

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:50 AM Post #33 of 194
I'm not a fan of pop music but Lady Gaga has my respect. She has talent and earned her position in popular culture. Lady Gaga is right up there... along with Mahler, Beethoven, and Sean Paul.
regular_smile .gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:21 AM Post #34 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by JSTpt1022 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
While I do feel that she is part of what's wrong with today's music industry, and most of me wants to hate her... She is talented isn't she? I mean, she appears to be creating a new pop sound that's unique and identifiable. Not to mention her horrible horrible songs are ridiculously catchy and infectious... It's a conundrum.

this. What really really irks me is what 5 years ago would have been called mainstream pop is being called R&B now...errr NO!?!?!?! as examples, on "R&B" albums nowdays you will find the likes of Taio Cruz, Tinchy Strider, Jay Sean, The Saturdays, Lady Gaga, N-Dubz (!!), Trey Songz...its too early to think now but you get what I'm going for...trash pop artists thinking they're all cool R&B stars..no, you're friggin well not..

..what happened to the likes of Usher, Amerie, Aaliyah (RIP), Justin Timberlake (pop-ish I guess but did a good job of changing his image), Ne-Yo, Mya, Ashanti, Robin Thicke etc. etc. these are PROPER R&B artists

Jan 8, 2010 at 6:36 AM Post #35 of 194
I knew this would happen... a few things

1. playing the piano and singing at the same time is not talent. I have yet to see a video or song written by her that showcases this so-called talent she spent so many years fostering.

2. Her sound is not original. It's britpop done poorly... I see people already thing she was the first though.

3. Talent is used to describe little kids, not grown women. "Skill" is the term one would use in this case, which to be frank I am not impressed by in her case.

It's like half the people here dont even go out and watch live musicians. Musicians like gaga are a dime a dozen.

She might have been talented when she was younger (or had a rich father who paid for admission and plastic surgery), but where is it now? Frankly I don't care if she was great when she was young the stuff she is pumping out now is trash.

Jan 8, 2010 at 7:17 AM Post #37 of 194
I think I just really like her voice. Sometimes life can be just that simple. I would like her voice in any type of music she sang to.

Jan 8, 2010 at 1:23 PM Post #38 of 194
A multipage thread on Lady Gaga!!!

A kick In the Ass, to those who think this forum is conservatory..
I love this forum,
beerchug.gif

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:30 PM Post #39 of 194
For me, both, physically and musical, Madonna and Kylie were and still are the best female pop singers. Not that I am all over the pop these days, but sometimes I listen to Madonna's Erotica and still enjoy it very much. From Kylie I do have some DVD live performance and its really good to, very professional where you can see and hear how it must be, where most of the "diva's" aren't even close to her.
Hopefully LG will follow the good examples and will try to make her own way stronger, with better material and more professional, cos she can sing, only one question I have, for how long. I do like her first album more, but after several times I starting to feel really boring and now I don't have them around, however its still the matter of preferences anyway.

Jan 8, 2010 at 2:57 PM Post #41 of 194
Quote:

You know it's still not great, but that version is SO MUCH BETTER than the crappy pop version on the album. If she made songs like that I would actually respect her.
But she doesn't.

How do you know that? Unlike many other pop stars, she proved she's able to sing alive more than well without vocoder support. It's not common I hear voice and music from the pop albums instead of plastic squeaks.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:34 PM Post #43 of 194
Quote:

Originally Posted by ScarlettD /img/forum/go_quote.gif
No matter what, she is deserved a recognition for her unique performance.

It's not unique.
Saying lady gaga is unique is like saying that muse or radiohead are unique. I guess they are if all you do is listen to the radio. But no, just no.

Jan 8, 2010 at 4:49 PM Post #44 of 194
she is ok, she is a gay icon or something, and her songs are catchy, so some people hate her just on principle and some people love her just on principle. i think she is ok not the best thing since sliced bread though.
But don't be a pansy, if you like it play it, don't worry about peoples opinion it is stupid.
Unless you are doing thinks that are going to make them think you are child molester or something horrible of that ilk, try to avoid those things, but other than that screw'em

Jan 8, 2010 at 5:19 PM Post #45 of 194
Guess I've been under a rock and just listened to my first of her music, not that I haven't heard of her, just didn't have the interest to listen. I say what ever floats your boat and don't worry about what others think, BTW I’m not impressed …

Users who are viewing this thread

Back