eek.gif

What next?

Oct 11, 2011 at 6:47 AM Post #2 of 20
blink.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 8:31 AM Post #4 of 20
Can't wait to see the live set list.
biggrin.gif

Oct 11, 2011 at 9:54 AM Post #5 of 20
Despite all the publicity and silly gimmicks, Lady Ga Ga is one the best pop singers in years. I remember Madonna when I was a kid and all the media attention she got but Lady Ga Ga easily surpasses her musically. 

Lady Ga Ga whether people like her or not, will be around for a long time because she is a real musician actually just like Elton John and knows music even if it may not be likable to some people. There is a difference between her and other pop singers who are just going through the motions and can barely sing. She's the real deal and I want to have children with her.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #8 of 20
Personally, I wouldn't criticize until it's over. IMO, she's having fun and she does things her way even if there are risks of failure and boos. Sure, the music industry is a business and that's for sure but not everything is cut and dry in the world of art and entertainment.

Let's let the chips fall wherever they land and see what happens. After all, let's remember, she IS Lady Ga Ga.

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:34 PM Post #9 of 20

Quote:
. There is a difference between her and other pop singers who are just going through the motions and can barely sing. She's the real deal and I want to have children with her.

lol 

Oct 25, 2011 at 9:37 PM Post #10 of 20

Quote:
Despite all the publicity and silly gimmicks, Lady Ga Ga is one the best pop singers in years.

I agree.  I don't care for her music, but she is an immensely talent singer/song-writer.  In a recent interview with Howard Stern she sang live with just her and a piano and I was truly moved.  

I'm also not surprised by this news.  She credits Freddie Mercury as the most influential artist for her career.

Kudos to her if you ask me.

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:44 PM Post #11 of 20

Quote:
She's the real deal and I want to have children with her.

Haha yes! It's been like 3 months since i've been on head-fi. I was worried that all the lady gaga fans were tired of being shunned!
tongue.gif

Oct 26, 2011 at 11:58 PM Post #12 of 20
Seriously?  Welllll...  I guess I'd love to listen to the new stuff then, and a concert could be pretty entertaining.  She is not my style either, in general, but Queen with Lady Gaga fronting - Morbidly fascinating, in that can't tear your eyes away sort of way.

Nov 12, 2011 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 20
is it part of the Queen + series? since all mighty fredy died, they have been touring as Queen+_______ and my favorite was George Michael, he has Fredy's energy and a great voice.

I'm suprise they went so low this time

Nov 12, 2011 at 7:27 PM Post #14 of 20
Heck, I'd go see that.

I love Queen and GaGa. I don't like every song she's recorded, but she is the Real Deal in terms of a larger than life public personality. She can sing, too, and seems to be managed well. I ignore celeb gossip, but she seems to stay out of trouble and isn't self-destructive. I wouldn't be surprised to see her filling stadiums 20 years from now.

Also, GaGa pairing with Queen is a savvy move. Most of GaGa's base is a younger crowd. Queen will pull a middle-aged crowd. Done right, both will cross over to new audiences. Smart marketing. Done right, it'll be a huge spectacle and a lot of fun. I'm in.

Nov 16, 2011 at 11:41 PM Post #15 of 20

Quote:
Why the hell would she do that... I mean she is great at what she does if you like that sort of thing but hey, this is Queen, the greatest band of all time.

I think you are referring to Radiohead.  That is the greatest band of all time.  Of course referring to the greatest band of all time, is subjective all of the time.

OT:  While I am not a fan of Lady Gaga as a person, I can't help that some of her songs are so damn catchy.  I wouldn't be interested in seeing her in concert.  I only liked some of the songs on Fame Monster but she seems to be way to much into herself for me to even consider taking her seriously, but I guess that is what many of her fans are into.  Fortunately I can put that aside and still enjoy some of her music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back