Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My First impression
Mar 15, 2014 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

rudi0504

Headphoneus Supremus
Hi all
I want at Jaben Jakarta to take My AK 240 , my friend Nico introduce to Me The latest High End iem from Final Audio Design : LAB 1

I am not sure how many driver , i got The feeling One single BA driver .

I checked on Final Audio Design website was not there , because LAB 1 is fresh from the oven :D

Build Quality :
excellent from Titanoum With 3 D printed Design , look very luxury like jewel

Comfort :
it is very comfortable abd very light , if i slot In In My Ears i feel relax , like i am not use iem , i Think because OF Titanium Housing .

First impression :

Source : AK 120 Titan mod
Amp : Ko Jo km 01 Brass Edition
Cable : mini to Mini Crystal Cable Dream line series
Iems : FAD LAB 1

High : very smooth and very Good detail and very clean and Clear
Mid : very sweet and Tube like midrange
Bass : is not so tight , very detail and clean sounding bass
Separation : very Good music separation
Soundstage : is like small jazz concert hall

Overall : High End sound quality , very smooth and very sweet SQ , that We can use for nite Time listening

Lab 1 is very Good For : Jazz , blus and Audiophile music
And is not so Good For hard rock , metal music

IMO

Mar 17, 2014 at 3:39 PM Post #4 of 55
item  available now

http://final-audio-design-directshop.com/final/7.1/FI-LAB01/

I personally don't like design

LAB1_1.jpg

Apr 10, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #8 of 55
Has that typical FI-BA-SS feel. Very airy. Much more airier than Heaven series.
In short, it's like a doppelganger of Fi-Ba-SS, in which Ba-SS sounds more edgy and raw, and Lab 1 very smooth and dark.
Both have the euphonic midrange presented in different feel.
The bass dept. is surprisingly detailed, I think the best amongst FAD BA lineup.
You certainly don't wanna mess with this thing if you're a FAD fan, or it might very likely get you addicted!

May 25, 2014 at 1:22 AM Post #10 of 55
Well, I am a Chinese person in CO. It is my first time write review in  headfi.I hope i can find lots of friends here. In fact, i can not upload my earphones and iem photos. I will list the earphones what i have listened.
1. fi ba ss 2.lab1 3.heir audio 8a 3.fitear togo334 4.pfe 232 5.future sonics mg5 6.ultrasone iq 7.k3003i 8.ear sonic sem6 9. jh24 10.ie80 11.ie800 12.shure846 13. tralucent ref 1 12.tralucent 1+2
My mp3  player: ak120,arm1,hugo+itouch5 64g

Today, i would like to talking about  lab1. In my opinion, LAB1 is the most prefect earphones i have listened.
Advantages
1. The prefect sound field. In my opinion, lab1 sound field is better than k3003i. k3003i's sound field is fan sharped, u can not hear the echo. However, LAB's sound field is roundness and a little bigger than k3003i's.
2. When u listen this earphones, u will surprise at u can easy to hear where the musical instruments are. When i listen the Linkin  park's music, i feel i am standing in front of them. That's awesome.
3. The perfect bass. In fact, i am not a base lover.
But had not seen any experience balance armature earphones can make this perfect bass before i listened lab1. It is bass is very deep and very powerful. And this powerful bass is not make any negative effects on the midrange.
4. Midrange is little warm and the voice is in front of the musical instruments. The voice is not like other experience balance armature earphones's voices are dry, the LAB1's voice is sweet and charming.
5. LAB1 have perfect performance on Beethoven klaviersonaten and most of classic music.
6. The perfect reverberation. Well , maybe my psychological effect, i think LAB1 has the most perfect piano song even better than LCD3.
Disadvantage
1. The expensive price..... Well there are only 150 Lab1earphones around the world..
2. When i compare with fibass, fibass is little more transparent than LAB1.
3. Compare with JH24. JH24 has more details than Lab1.
4. Highrange is not every simulate.  A little same as ES5.

At last , i would like recommend guys who wants to buy tralucent ref 1or 1+2. U should be try. Just in my opinion , tralucent ref 1or 1+2 are DIY, REALLY. I am so regert to buy these earphones. My friends buy a tralucent ref1 too. We buy the same time and use the same mp3 player :ak120 and the same song. However, the 2 tralucent ref 1 have different  performance.

THX U, I WANT HAVE MORE FRIENDS HERE

May 25, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #11 of 55
  Well, I am a Chinese person in CO. It is my first time write review in  headfi.I hope i can find lots of friends here. In fact, i can not upload my earphones and iem photos. I will list the earphones what i have listened.
1. fi ba ss 2.lab1 3.heir audio 8a 3.fitear togo334 4.pfe 232 5.future sonics mg5 6.ultrasone iq 7.k3003i 8.ear sonic sem6 9. jh24 10.ie80 11.ie800 12.shure846 13. tralucent ref 1 12.tralucent 1+2
My mp3  player: ak120,arm1,hugo+itouch5 64g

Today, i would like to talking about  lab1. In my opinion, LAB1 is the most prefect earphones i have listened.
Advantages
1. The prefect sound field. In my opinion, lab1 sound field is better than k3003i. k3003i's sound field is fan sharped, u can not hear the echo. However, LAB's sound field is roundness and a little bigger than k3003i's.
2. When u listen this earphones, u will surprise at u can easy to hear where the musical instruments are. When i listen the Linkin  park's music, i feel i am standing in front of them. That's awesome.
3. The perfect bass. In fact, i am not a base lover.
But had not seen any experience balance armature earphones can make this perfect bass before i listened lab1. It is bass is very deep and very powerful. And this powerful bass is not make any negative effects on the midrange.
4. Midrange is little warm and the voice is in front of the musical instruments. The voice is not like other experience balance armature earphones's voices are dry, the LAB1's voice is sweet and charming.
5. LAB1 have perfect performance on Beethoven klaviersonaten and most of classic music.
6. The perfect reverberation. Well , maybe my psychological effect, i think LAB1 has the most perfect piano song even better than LCD3.
Disadvantage
1. The expensive price..... Well there are only 150 Lab1earphones around the world..
2. When i compare with fibass, fibass is little more transparent than LAB1.
3. Compare with JH24. JH24 has more details than Lab1.
4. Highrange is not every simulate.  A little same as ES5.

At last , i would like recommend guys who wants to buy tralucent ref 1or 1+2. U should be try. Just in my opinion , tralucent ref 1or 1+2 are DIY, REALLY. I am so regert to buy these earphones. My friends buy a tralucent ref1 too. We buy the same time and use the same mp3 player :ak120 and the same song. However, the 2 tralucent ref 1 have different  performance.

THX U, I WANT HAVE MORE FRIENDS HERE

I'm confused by what you said here. By saying "U should be try", did you mean that we should audition it before we make the purchase?

May 25, 2014 at 2:06 AM Post #12 of 55
 I'm confused by what you said here. By saying "U should be try", did you mean that we should audition it before we make the purchase?

Yup In fact i am so sad to buy tralucent ref 1or 1+2 . And i think u should audition it. if u want to buy. And if u have free time and search tralucent , tralucent ref1  and 1+2 are all made in China a diy company

May 25, 2014 at 2:13 AM Post #13 of 55
  Yup In fact i am so sad to buy tralucent ref 1or 1+2 . And i think u should audition it. if u want to buy. And if u have free time and search tralucent , tralucent ref1  and 1+2 are all made in China a diy company

You bought both of them? If you really don't like them, I suggest you should sell them here. You won't lose much because I think quite a lot of people here are still curious about the sound of ref1.

May 25, 2014 at 2:48 AM Post #14 of 55
  bought both of them? If you really don't like them, I suggest you should sell them here. You won't lose much because I think quite a lot of people here are still curious about the sound of ref1.

i want but i do not know how to uproad picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Back