Lab 1 The latest version High End iem fom Final Audio Design and My First impression
Apr 15, 2015 at 4:32 AM Post #46 of 55
These are exceptionally good. They reminded me of the time when i, a virgin audiophile heard the heaven 6 as my first earphone and fell helplessly in love.

These are one of the few earphones ive heard that can compete with the fitears (TG334, MH334, MH335DW, Private 333) and actually better in some aspects (sounstage and mids)

Christ.

Feb 15, 2016 at 9:15 AM Post #50 of 55
In case anyone is interested, Jaben here in Singapore is selling it. Just got to audition a pair and I've decided to starve my children to get it.

Feb 16, 2016 at 2:14 AM Post #52 of 55
Wow, a new pair? I paid about full retail for a third or fourth and pair. Lucky for you!

Ya they're new. I don't know if it's a stash from the original batch or a new batch altogether. Guess their appearance is carefully timed to coincide with the Canjam happening in town this weekend.

Mar 24, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #53 of 55
Could be the new batch, but should be the same quality and not better.
since japanese is sup on their stuff.

Dec 21, 2016 at 7:00 AM Post #54 of 55
The problem with these limited edition IEMs is that discussion wanes after a while. It is to be expected.

I have the original Lab 1 release which were all that I listened to for about a year. Then my home rig fully popped and the HD800 took over at home. I mostly use the Flare R2PRO on business trips because of its superior noise isolation. Somehow the Lab 1 became my favourite headphone that got no play.

Finally today I decided to spend some time using the Lab 1 with my home rig. (See my signature.) It had received minimal audition with the GS-X mk2 and I do not think that it ever got fed by Gumby.

Holy schiit but do these IEMs scale! 

(More to follow I am sure. I am a few hours in and just amazed by how full and textured the sound is.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back