Laagy headfi server..
Nov 4, 2006 at 1:53 PM Post #16 of 35
Just wanted to point out, head-fi is very slow for me as well. I'm on an 8mb/768k connection. It takes a long time to load any page on head-fi, and it happens all day.

I am in the midwest USA.

I have run several speed tests, and I get more than 8mb most of the time, so it's not on my end.

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:48 PM Post #17 of 35
Lag times are an issue out here, too. Even my contributor status is lagging - hint hint. Speaking of which, it's just about that time to put my money where my mouth is again. Ante up to help load times!

Nov 4, 2006 at 2:59 PM Post #18 of 35
despite the presentation the poster has a bit of a point, however:

- its clear that the only time this forum struggles is at peak times, which is understandable. i have no idea where this site is hosted, but i know there are hosters that cater to peak periods by making more bandwidth available as demand requires it, and less when it doesnt.

- if such a solution is more expensive than the current hosting, perhaps we could have a big contributor drive with something like a hat or pen or mug etc as a gift when you contribute a certain amount, as well as the current advantages.

caveat: please dont take this post as any kind of criticism, as it stands i think this site cope admirably with the 1000+ visitors/reg's it gets at peak. but if there is a push for improvement then im sure many will newly contribute money to the cause
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 10:52 PM Post #20 of 35
yea head fi has become really slow for me recently as well, first i thought it was because i upgraded my bb connection and it needs time to settle in, but it turns out its just this site

Nov 4, 2006 at 11:21 PM Post #22 of 35
Very slow for me today. It seems to be slow here more often than most forums but not often enough where it's a huge problem. I certainly wouldn't complain about it because of what I get from this place!
3000smile.gif

Nov 4, 2006 at 11:48 PM Post #25 of 35
I'm not sure how much of it is on my end and how much of it is on HF's end (I've got a lot going through BitTorrent right now), but I'm getting some bad lag.

Nov 5, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #27 of 35
i dont think its a connection issue because i ping <100ms to he head-fi servers no problem... but its very slow in loading pages which leads me to believe they are working on the database... an often issue with vB unfortunately as messageboards grow larger and the database gets larger...

Nov 5, 2006 at 1:09 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jude
We realize today has seen some lag, and there may be more tonight.

Nooooo! What will i do???

*begins whimpering*

Users who are viewing this thread

Back