La Figaro 339
Mar 19, 2012 at 1:52 AM Post #616 of 6,903
A while back, I bought a La Figaro 339. The left and right channels were reversed, and I requested a refund. After offering to repair the amp (I declined), I promptly received return instructions.

La Figaro's excellent customer service is another reason to buy with confidence.

Mar 19, 2012 at 5:35 AM Post #618 of 6,903

Quote:
Huh? I never heared of anything like that happen, not with LF or with any other producer

Me neither, but I checked it several times with various equipment. If you don't believe it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsDjX5Ycu0 It's rather long and terribly videoed, but it shows beyond a reasonable doubt that the channels were reversed. The red RCA jack is right channel and the white is left channel. You can see if you use 720p.

Mar 19, 2012 at 6:55 AM Post #619 of 6,903

Quote:
Me neither, but I checked it several times with various equipment. If you don't believe it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhsDjX5Ycu0 It's rather long and terribly videoed, but it shows beyond a reasonable doubt that the channels were reversed. The red RCA jack is right channel and the white is left channel. You can see if you use 720p.

I just checked that quickly but I was getting motion sickness, It looks like you have the right channel in your test on 100, and left at 0. It doesn't show clearly what you're doing on the laptop and sound comes out of both L/R sides of the HD650. Your result should be  like 100 vs 0, not 80 vs 90. I agree it shouldn't be reversed but you could also use a dac with L/R out and then just switch the cables.

I'll have a better look later at home

Mar 20, 2012 at 4:51 AM Post #620 of 6,903
I had no idea how difficult it would be to hold that camera and show what I was doing at the same time. Now I feel sorry for all those badly shot videos on Youtube that get lousy ratings! 
rolleyes.gif

The description describes what I'm doing throughout the video. That's 0 vs -100dB (negative 100) in Sinegen. In the sound level meter, it's a difference of ~75dB to ~92dB because of the bleed from the other ear. If you put the headphones on, it's obvious, but I couldn't show that in a video. Remember that a 10dB difference means that one is 10 times louder. That means the level in one headphone speaker is about 80 times louder than in the other. Again, it's obvious in person; not obvious in the video.

Of course, I could have easily switched out the cables when I put the camera down (if I were 
evil_smiley.gif
), so you'll have to trust me on that one.

Mar 21, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #622 of 6,903
what im guessing is that u got a faulty 339...when Yuking offered you a repair for the 339 why didn't you agree instead of returning the amp or refunding it.?if lets say that ur amp channel is reversed you can easily re-locate the cables(if you have soildering skills) or like Ultrainferno said just switch the cables it would be much easier instead of returning them unless u didn't like the amp sound at the first place...

im on behalf of Yuking/xmdkq here and sorry mods that Yuking/Xmdkq posted 11 times because of internet error..pls delete the other 10.

THX

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:22 PM Post #623 of 6,903
I may have to move residence in the short future. What do you folks recommend to protect my 339 while moving? I plan on unplugging my tubes and store them separately..but I'm not sure the best way to pack the amp itself especially since it is rather heavy.

Mar 21, 2012 at 7:26 PM Post #624 of 6,903
do u still have the box that came with? if yes just put it in there and problem solved 
biggrin.gif
..and for the tubes since it quite small just put it inside you backpack the day you move..

Quote:
I may have to move residence in the short future. What do you folks recommend to protect my 339 while moving? I plan on unplugging my tubes and store them separately..but I'm not sure the best way to pack the amp itself especially since it is rather heavy.

Mar 21, 2012 at 10:43 PM Post #625 of 6,903

Quote:
do u still have the box that came with? if yes just put it in there and problem solved 
biggrin.gif
..and for the tubes since it quite small just put it inside you backpack the day you move..

No unfortunately....the box arrived in a bad shape. The protective foam was falling apart and one of the driver tubes actually broke.  So I did not keep the box.

Mar 21, 2012 at 11:05 PM Post #626 of 6,903
hmm in that case you can get a box that will fit the 339 and then buy some foams...just stuff it underneath, beside and on top make and just make sure the amp doesn't wiggle around inside the box...

Quote:

No unfortunately....the box arrived in a bad shape. The protective foam was falling apart and one of the driver tubes actually broke.  So I did not keep the box.

Mar 23, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #627 of 6,903
 After 60 days waiting for my new RCA 6AS7G, I finally put them on the amp and the left one make some fireworks!

I put again the stock tubes and now my left channel has something like half its power. Don't know what to do, seriously, as good parts aren't that easy to find in my country, and I know nothing about repairing amps. The worse part is that I need an amp to do my work editing videos.

I asked some friends about where to repair these things here in my city, I'll see what they say.

Mar 23, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #628 of 6,903

It's looks to me you got faulty tube which is arced .If you had your headphone connected while the tube start arcing.... that's bad (the inpulse) it have potential to damage your headphone drivers.
You said when you swap the RCA 6AS7G to the stock tubes the left channel is lose his power it could be headphones.IMO
Quote:
 After 60 days waiting for my new RCA 6AS7G, I finally put them on the amp and the left one make some fireworks!

I put again the stock tubes and now my left channel has something like half its power. Don't know what to do, seriously, as good parts aren't that easy to find in my country, and I know nothing about repairing amps. The worse part is that I need an amp to do my work editing videos.

I asked some friends about where to repair these things here in my city, I'll see what they say.

Mar 23, 2012 at 11:56 PM Post #629 of 6,903
Yup that also happened to me when i got my 5998 the right tube arced and ruined my HE-300 (now in service)...from that time till now every time i got a new tube i go to a shop near buy to test them with their Tube tester...

@ Sganzerla the issue isn't with your amp it seems that you got a faulty/broken RCA 6AS7G...where did you get it from? i suggest you ask for a refund or exchange..and like WALL-E told yes its you headphone which is broken/blew its left driver..what headphones are you using?? if you still have warranty on them get them serviced..just to make sure try other headphones with the stock tubes if the left and right is making the same amount of power/volume it means that ur 339 is fine and your headphones is ruined...

Mar 24, 2012 at 2:32 PM Post #630 of 6,903
 Thank you guys, you were both right, my amp is not damaged but my ZXAC DT 880/600 headphones are.
 Fortunately I have a stock DT 880/600 that I'm using now and while its sound is nowhere near good as the former, I can live with this for some time.

This week has been very bad to me and what makes me feel sad is that I never turn on my tube amp with headphones attached, and yesterday I did it for some unknown reason.
 I got these tubes from an eBay seller, that I'm going to contact very soon.

Now the question that I have to answer is going to be made in the Beyerdynamic DT880 appreciation thread.
 Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back