La Figaro 339
Jan 13, 2021 at 11:44 AM Post #5,686 of 6,903
Great deal on the LCD-X here if you got the $$$. Haven't seen a better price for new and I believe no tax.
Audeze LCD-X Open Back Headphones (moon-audio.com)

Yeah, those are the Creator Package, which is that price everywhere. The Creator Package retails for $1,200 because it does not come with the travel case. Not sure why a $150 case causes the Headphones to go up $500.

Jan 13, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #5,687 of 6,903
Yeah, those are the Creator Package, which is that price everywhere. The Creator Package retails for $1,200 because it does not come with the travel case. Not sure why a $150 case causes the Headphones to go up $500.
Got it...Cripes a $500 case...give me a break...I thought Focal Cases were expensive...

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:48 PM Post #5,688 of 6,903
Thanks for the comparison. Yeah, I love me planar bass too! That is why my pair of HE-500 sounds so good to me out of the 339. Now, to keep an eye out for a good deal on a pair of LCD-X. I think I have some Amazon gift cards I have not used yet; might go for the creator package.

Buy my 4 months old LCD-X that comes with Audeze hard case and it's bought from Audeze..... so I can move on to LCD-4. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Problem is I'm enjoying my Hekse now.

Jan 13, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #5,690 of 6,903

Well my Audeze travel case is special. :wink:

I look at my LCD-3f case and at my LCD-X case. The X case is almost twice as big as the 3 case. How can that be? The LCD-3f headphone even looks bigger than the LCD-X or maybe the wood makes it look bigger. But like I say, have both and give me the LCD-4.

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:29 PM Post #5,691 of 6,903
Buy my 4 months old LCD-X that comes with Audeze hard case and it's bought from Audeze..... so I can move on to LCD-4. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: Problem is I'm enjoying my Hekse now.

Shipping to the US though, not sure if cost effective; I mean your case is special an all! :stuck_out_tongue: Plus currency conversion fees.

Yes I heard the HE-500 at a local meet with my LF339. Owner of the modded HE-500 wants to buy my LF339 on the spot with cash.... but I politely turn him down. It was that good !

Yeah, the pairing is just great. They sound better out of my 339 than my two SS amps, a Schiit Jot 1 and Audio-GD R-28. Both those SS amps should be putting out a lot more power at the 38 Ohms impednace of the HE-500. Like multiples more. But not only does the HE-500 have more bass and impact from the 339, they just sound all around better!

Jan 13, 2021 at 2:47 PM Post #5,692 of 6,903
Shipping to the US though, not sure if cost effective; I mean your case is special an all! :stuck_out_tongue: Plus currency conversion fees.

Yeah, the pairing is just great. They sound better out of my 339 than my two SS amps, a Schiit Jot 1 and Audio-GD R-28. Both those SS amps should be putting out a lot more power at the 38 Ohms impednace of the HE-500. Like multiples more. But not only does the HE-500 have more bass and impact from the 339, they just sound all around better!

Solution to your 1st problem is to move to Australia, where air is fresher and power is wind or solar generated. :wink:

Regarding your number 2 point:- Amongst all the amps (tubes or ss) that I've used and owned (and it's getting ridiculously a lot) , the LF339 is a force to be reckon with and I mean literally. It's powerful in every sense of the word and it throws a great punch. Like Mike Tyson's punch. I've a friend here who has owned so many good gear like Chord Hugo TT2, Cayin HA300, ampsandsound Mogwai, Benchmark HPA4, Stax Sr007, Studio Six, Audio Gd Master 9, etc, etc but after I told him about the LF339i, he bought it and then a week later after he had listened to it, wrote to me privately and said, 'Thanks for telling me about the LF339i. It's really everything as you said and more!.

So now he has sold everything and kept the Mogwai and LF339i and in a shootout, he said that the Mogwai just pips the LF339i where his ears are concerned and he said the LF339i is a fun, fun, fun tube amp. I even told him to snap up the pair of very new Bendix 6080wb for AUD $350 locally. Together with a mint pair of RCA Red Hots 5693, that LF339i is transformed and became a Rolls Royce. Now I will claim my commission from Yuking. :wink:

Jan 13, 2021 at 3:31 PM Post #5,694 of 6,903
Solution to your 1st problem is to move to Australia, where air is fresher and power is wind or solar generated. :wink:

Regarding your number 2 point:- Amongst all the amps (tubes or ss) that I've used and owned (and it's getting ridiculously a lot) , the LF339 is a force to be reckon with and I mean literally. It's powerful in every sense of the word and it throws a great punch. Like Mike Tyson's punch. I've a friend here who has owned so many good gear like Chord Hugo TT2, Cayin HA300, ampsandsound Mogwai, Benchmark HPA4, Stax Sr007, Studio Six, Audio Gd Master 9, etc, etc but after I told him about the LF339i, he bought it and then a week later after he had listened to it, wrote to me privately and said, 'Thanks for telling me about the LF339i. It's really everything as you said and more!.

So now he has sold everything and kept the Mogwai and LF339i and in a shootout, he said that the Mogwai just pips the LF339i where his ears are concerned and he said the LF339i is a fun, fun, fun tube amp. I even told him to snap up the pair of very new Bendix 6080wb for AUD $350 locally. Together with a mint pair of RCA Red Hots 5693, that LF339i is transformed and became a Rolls Royce. Now I will claim my commission from Yuking. :wink:

What? A pair of Bendix 6080WB is just AU$350? I should move back ...

Jan 13, 2021 at 8:54 PM Post #5,696 of 6,903
Jan 13, 2021 at 10:38 PM Post #5,698 of 6,903
Nah, hes already got a pair.

I bought them :)

I also bought a pair of RCA 6as7g just for the hell of it.

Waiting for them to arrive and will post some impressions.
Great to hear, let us know how you like them. I also have uhummm....a pair :) but I haven’t rolled them in too much yet as I am enjoying my A2293/E80F combination right now a lot and I haven’t felt the need to roll anything else at the moment. You will get there too when you find the right combination to match your music style and DAC/headphones. There’s a lot of fun to be had in the journey.

Jan 14, 2021 at 1:10 AM Post #5,700 of 6,903
Out goes LF339 in comes LF339i but not before I take a picture of both side by side and compare them. I can't believe I got three LF339 in my lifetime. :rolling_eyes:

That would be interesting to see if you can notice any sonic difference between the 339 vs 339i, apparently there have been upgraded/improved parts in the 339i but whether that translates to a change sonically, guess you will find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back