La Figaro 339
Jul 4, 2017 at 5:34 AM Post #3,856 of 6,903
Very smart looking internals. I like the all black look. Sure looks very neat to me and very well done.

So this version seems to be using the warmer drivers. What are these drivers again? It could be better in a setup such as mine with Yggy and HD800.

How much would this version cost? Is this being offered on your website or is this special orders?

Jul 8, 2017 at 6:31 PM Post #3,859 of 6,903
It's official since Yuking has a lot of communication problems with people who wants to buy any of his product, NOW can go through me first, ill help you all with all your needs and wants. I offered him my help without any kind of fee or anything, well lets just say im helping a Chinese product to get notice out there.

Btw how can i get the Badge that says LaFigaro/DarkVoice Representative ??? anyone can help..?

Hi Keph,

Are you still around? I would like to talk to Yuking about the upgraded 339 and also to get some impressions between the current standard 339 using either the brighter drivers with 6sj7 or the warmer drivers with L63.

Cheers
UT

Last edited:
Jul 9, 2017 at 5:18 AM Post #3,860 of 6,903
Hi Keph,

Are you still around? I would like to talk to Yuking about the upgraded 339 and also to get some impressions between the current standard 339 using either the brighter drivers with 6sj7 or the warmer drivers with L63.

Cheers
UT

Haven't seen him around in a very long time on here. He's got a different life now and a kid :)
I'm connected to him on social media but I doubt he'll jump back in to the audio scene soon.

Jul 9, 2017 at 5:45 AM Post #3,861 of 6,903
Ok Ultra. No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

We all move on at some point of our life but this hobby will always be remembered and cherished. :)

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:51 AM Post #3,864 of 6,903
Very smart looking internals. I like the all black look. Sure looks very neat to me and very well done.

So this version seems to be using the warmer drivers. What are these drivers again? It could be better in a setup such as mine with Yggy and HD800.

How much would this version cost? Is this being offered on your website or is this special orders?

This is a custom order build.

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:05 AM Post #3,865 of 6,903
This is a custom order build.

Yes I know now. To tell you the truth, I almost went ahead with a new order for a black La Figaro 339 with the warmer drivers option or one of this custom order which I think is at around the $1300 ball park, depending on the parts upgrade. It can get to even $2000, just looking at this thread posts some time back.

In a word, I love what I hear from La Figaro 339. Even though I am a long time admirer of Feliks Audio amps, this LF339 sound captivates me. It is very good and very special. Of all the tube amps I've heard, this has the widest headstage and bass weight / slam. So intoxicating. Sound is a bit bright but I can dial that down using RCA 6as7g or Bendix 6080wb. It's best with expensive GEC 6as7g. :ksc75smile:

However, since I already have one, even though I have given it to my son, I can always get it back for a period and have a good listen whenever I want. It is with much hesitation before I decide to go with Ragnarok instead. Why? Since I already have Euforia, I thought it best not to get another OTL amp but to give Ragnarok a go, which I have heard before at A2A and it sounded superb.

This head-fi hobby is addictive and La Figaro 339 is one reason for it... for me. :)

Jul 15, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,866 of 6,903
Yes I know now. To tell you the truth, I almost went ahead with a new order for a black La Figaro 339 with the warmer drivers option or one of this custom order which I think is at around the $1300 ball park, depending on the parts upgrade. It can get to even $2000, just looking at this thread posts some time back.

In a word, I love what I hear from La Figaro 339. Even though I am a long time admirer of Feliks Audio amps, this LF339 sound captivates me. It is very good and very special. Of all the tube amps I've heard, this has the widest headstage and bass weight / slam. So intoxicating. Sound is a bit bright but I can dial that down using RCA 6as7g or Bendix 6080wb. It's best with expensive GEC 6as7g. :ksc75smile:

However, since I already have one, even though I have given it to my son, I can always get it back for a period and have a good listen whenever I want. It is with much hesitation before I decide to go with Ragnarok instead. Why? Since I already have Euforia, I thought it best not to get another OTL amp but to give Ragnarok a go, which I have heard before at A2A and it sounded superb.

This head-fi hobby is addictive and La Figaro 339 is one reason for it... for me. :)

I agree with you that 339 is an amazing amp. I am probably the last one, tbh, who actually listens to it anymore. I have no clue why this is the case. It frankly is on the same level as my Eddie Current ZDS, which is an amazing amplifier in its on right.

There is no reason to justify your choices. It makes perfect sense to complement your OTL with a top of the line SS amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back