La Figaro 339
Apr 3, 2017 at 10:18 PM Post #3,796 of 6,903
Not going to bother. It's probably not worth it as the person seems already predisposed to his opinion, and since I have no experience with the ZMF headphones with my amps, I would likely be taking things too off topic. He's illogically categorizing any opinion which praises an amp alongside the ZDS as another example of what he says is hype-fi, lumping this together with the eccentricities of some members on the Elise thread. This is a logical error. The 339 is also not a FOTM amp because it is not very popular, nor was it when I purchased it.

I have been living with the 339 for two years and the ZDS for one, and I will take more stock in my own opinion. They are both great amps and are different enough to suit different preferences and moods, kind of like the Atticus to the Eikon, if you will. The ZDS is the better amp for me in some cases while the 339 is in others.

Fair enough, and we already chilled it down. I just couldn't defend the posters in this thread who were insulted as I had no first hand experience with the ZDS. I thought my suggestion that the 339 compared favourably to the ZDS for some who owned both was founded. Anyway, as you say, not really worth it and better to take the high road. I just got my back up as the poster told me "don't do this" when I suggested somebody else may want to check out the 339 thread to decide if they might try it. I don't like when people become forum cops in situations that don't call for it. Cheers, hope you are doing well.

Apr 3, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #3,797 of 6,903
Fair enough, and we already chilled it down. I just couldn't defend the posters in this thread who were insulted as I had no first hand experience with the ZDS. I thought my suggestion that the 339 compared favourably to the ZDS for some who owned both was founded. Anyway, as you say, not really worth it and better to take the high road. I just got my back up as the poster told me "don't do this" when I suggested somebody else may want to check out the 339 thread to decide if they might try it. I don't like when people become forum cops in situations that don't call for it. Cheers, hope you are doing well.

I agree with you completely.

Just had a long day and cannot be bothered. Listening to the HD600 from 339 with Bendix 6080/TF EF86 mesh combo and my day feels better.

Apr 4, 2017 at 12:58 AM Post #3,798 of 6,903
I agree with you completely.

Just had a long day and cannot be bothered. Listening to the HD600 from 339 with Bendix 6080/TF EF86 mesh combo and my day feels better.

Nice way to chill, very nice indeed. Keep well.

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #3,799 of 6,903
Not to stir schiit up BUTTTTT...

I can see how that got your heckles up! The 339 is FAR from a new design or FOTM,  The Darkvoice 337/337se have been around for many years and the 339 is the next evolution there.  It is an ass-kicker of a design and stood the test of time.  If anything I think the DV/LF are super UNDER-hyped where as the Zana Deux has been hyped for many years (and deservingly so as I understand it).

I have drifted from head-fi recently as at times the hype/FOTM can be a bit ridiculous as well as the uncanny trend of sponsor's products having 100% positive reviews *cough* (even the rolling stones recorded a few turds over the years.) Regardless of that, dismissing a comment as "hype" is as boring as referring to the sennhiser "vail" or "beats bashing" or any other lame-ass bandwagon canned response.

*mic drop*

Apr 4, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #3,800 of 6,903

I can see how that got your heckles up! The 339 is FAR from a new design or FOTM,  The Darkvoice 337/337se have been around for many years and the 339 is the next evolution there.  It is an ass-kicker of a design and stood the test of time.  If anything I think the DV/LF are super UNDER-hyped where as the Zana Deux has been hyped for many years (and deservingly so as I understand it).

I have drifted from head-fi recently as at times the hype/FOTM can be a bit ridiculous as well as the uncanny trend of sponsor's products having 100% positive reviews *cough* (even the rolling stones recorded a few turds over the years.) Regardless of that, dismissing a comment as "hype" is as boring as referring to the sennhiser "vail" or "beats bashing" or any other lame-ass bandwagon canned response.

*mic drop*

Slam, yes, well said and it did raise my hackles for sure as I agree, the 339 is the opposite of hyped, it is anti-hyped!

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:39 PM Post #3,801 of 6,903

*mic drop*

337SE and 339 are my design and production, the company split out of the 339.

Apr 4, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #3,802 of 6,903
Chengdu Yuqin audio and video studio is the predecessor of the establishment of the 2003 in Chengdu Liang sound Square audio and video studio, the principal is three senior radio enthusiasts and communications systems senior engineer. After several years of common hard work, black voice brand has been recognized by everyone, the studio has also been the corresponding development. There are now four series of more than 10 kinds of products.
    In the development process, the idea of ​​cooperation does not appear until the exit, was a very normal thing. But this brings us a very large loss of reality had to let us face pain: we will lose the use of Liang sound Square and black voice.
    At that time, the original intention of the establishment of the sound of the original was very simple, one of the three partners because of a laid-off life without a, we are all friends, then discuss through business to solve his life outlet. The other two because at that time the Department of public officials, then the exit of the name of the registration of the studio and the brand, through the joint efforts to do today, we recognized the extent of this is not easy. But because the two of the two because there has never been business experience, so at the time to do a now analysis is quite wrong thing, that is because we think that everyone is a friend of the reasons and full of trust, they will not be signed in the following agreement on. Which led to today, although the design, marketing and production and other leading forces are here, and the brand had to leave the embarrassing reality with the exit. A lot of things, reasonable but not legitimate, this is something we have no way.
    Of course, we can solve this problem in the form of law, but taking into account the exit of the three of us living conditions are indeed poor burden of life is also heavy. So in the goodness of human nature, we carefully discussed and considered, decided to give up on our right to have the recovery. We believe that the world in addition to interests, there are human nature, there are conscience.
    The rest of the thing is that we create another brand. It is difficult but we believe that through unremitting efforts and hard work, there will be a bright future. We registered a new studio - Chengdu Yuqin audio and video studio, registered a new brand - Fei Carolo LA FIGARO. Please keep the old rain as always support us, we must also through our efforts, we have always been practical and practical machine, honest man's style, and create a worthy of everyone praised the brand.
    We will always uphold the practical style, attaches great importance to the quality of the machine and the continuous development of new products, while the original success on the basis of further improve the level of technology, excellence. At the same time do a good job after-sales service products, strengthen and contact the dealer and maintain friendly cooperation, and jointly promote the virtuous circle and achieved constant development.

Apr 5, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #3,803 of 6,903
  337SE and 339 are my design and production, the company split out of the 339.

Thanks for clarifying! I thought this was the case but didn't want to spread wrong information.  I owned a DV 337se for many years (and the pic is still in my signature) I remain a huge fan.  Cheers!!!

Apr 6, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #3,805 of 6,903
Apr 6, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #3,807 of 6,903
I understand the info is probably in here somewhere, but I was referring to a specific guide thread with tube rolling info in the first post, or at least within the first 1,000 posts perhaps; ~3,803 posts is a pretty long read.  Anyhow, guess I will just have to read it sometime.
eek.gif

and the 6AS7G thread

Thanks, I will search and check it out.

Apr 12, 2017 at 6:28 PM Post #3,808 of 6,903
Anyone got a matched pair of Bendix 6080WB slotted columns that they don't mind selling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back