La Figaro 339
Sep 26, 2013 at 1:24 AM Post #1,996 of 6,903

as the saying goes "the King is dead, long live the King! "
Welcome aboard neighbor!
guess you got the "new one" 339 which can handle the pure triodes like 6c5, 6j5....and backward with adapters, pentodes like EF800,80,86...?

thanks!

i got a really great deal on a 3/4 month used version on ebay, and going through the user's history i saw they bought the '2013' version—is that the one you speak of?

Sep 26, 2013 at 6:03 AM Post #1,998 of 6,903
oh right, no i think it uses the same tubes as any standard version

so you can only use ef80/86 adapters if you have the newest one? I'm almost sure this is, but i'm not really too bothered either way as i'm more interested in 6sj7 currently.

cool.gif

+

this looks gorgeous

Sep 26, 2013 at 5:37 PM Post #2,000 of 6,903

thanks!

i got a really great deal on a 3/4 month used version on ebay, and going through the user's history i saw they bought the '2013' version—is that the one you speak of?

You got lovely amp! I'm sure you will not be disappointed but tube rolling....... you'll hate your wallet.
All the new amp purchased directly from Yuking are the triode 6c5 version and he provide some adapter too like 6C5C--->EF86 and I believe 6C5C--->6SJ7GT, RCA 5693... also.
This does not mean that the new is better than old and vice-versa It's more about the universality and reliability the most prone to failure elements was replaced with good ones like film resistors in PS filter or Non-Inductive wirewound resistors in cathode circuit.Yours probably contains some of the upgrades too.

The 6sj7gt mesh-shield is best of all no doubt! my favorite.

Sep 27, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #2,003 of 6,903
These tubes are very pretty indeed. Too bad I can't find a hum free pair

R those tung sol 6sj7gt mesh plates?? As mine (totally silent by the way..no hum) mesh plates look different a bit.

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:22 AM Post #2,005 of 6,903
Thanks WALL-E, honestly that may have bothered me in the past, but i got a stonking good deal and frankly this is a pretty great amp; i'm content… for now 
biggrin.gif

+

I only know as much as you guys do, having gone through this thread, but i think all mesh plates were made by TS? The ones pictured are Japanese ones, I would imagine made by TS for Hitachi? Skylab would know…

Sep 27, 2013 at 8:40 AM Post #2,006 of 6,903
  I only know as much as you guys do, having gone through this thread, but i think all mesh plates were made by TS? The ones pictured are Japanese ones, I would imagine made by TS for Hitachi? Skylab would know…

construction isn't the same. Pic belows shows the TS style by RCA (these are mine) and the other pic shows the TS 6SJ7TG. Both are the same and different from these Hitachi ones. They might have been made by TS, but I don't think so

Sep 27, 2013 at 10:44 PM Post #2,009 of 6,903

construction isn't the same. Pic belows shows the TS style by RCA (these are mine) and the other pic shows the TS 6SJ7TG. Both are the same and different from these Hitachi ones. They might have been made by TS, but I don't think so

yep those look like mine..
wink.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 2:53 AM Post #2,010 of 6,903

Users who are viewing this thread

Back