L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Aug 3, 2018 at 7:29 PM Post #1,141 of 4,419
Alright! For anyone having problems with DSD512 with weird sounds after the stop or so. You need to install DSD512 44x 48x using OEM tool from Amanero. It is also the newest firmware for Amanero

Use this post to know how to upgrade your Amanero

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/l-k...es-double-impact.840938/page-22#post-13762204

CPLD is 1080

CPU flash needed to be DSD512 44x 48x, and you need to scroll down to opt for it

when did they release a new set of firmware?

Aug 4, 2018 at 1:25 PM Post #1,145 of 4,419
Thanks whitigir. I believe the dac showed up as combo384. Will go to amanero and download driver. Changing bw did not unlock. Will let u know thanx for ur help

Aug 5, 2018 at 9:03 AM Post #1,147 of 4,419
Thanks whitiger. Finally got iTunes running properly thru hp to 004 What a difference!!!!!!!! Running pcm384. Bw01. Filter anodized. Still not sure if this is best setting but sounds way better than unlock! Any suggestions on settings would be greatly appreciated. I know iTunes will run max 192. Should I adjust 004 to that or just leave at 384?

Aug 6, 2018 at 12:10 PM Post #1,150 of 4,419
Hey guys! I'm brand new to your site. Thanks for having me. Tons of great info here.

I just purchased the LKS MH DA004 based almost exclusively on this thread. I also purchased an Auralic Aries Mini for streaming duties. My previous DAC was a Chord 2Qute which has treated me very well but I'm expecting a whole different sonic signature with the LKS.

If I may ask, what input is preferred to the LKS DAC? (USB or co-ax)

Thanks again.

Aug 6, 2018 at 8:15 PM Post #1,151 of 4,419
Hey guys! I'm brand new to your site. Thanks for having me. Tons of great info here.

I just purchased the LKS MH DA004 based almost exclusively on this thread. I also purchased an Auralic Aries Mini for streaming duties. My previous DAC was a Chord 2Qute which has treated me very well but I'm expecting a whole different sonic signature with the LKS.

If I may ask, what input is preferred to the LKS DAC? (USB or co-ax)

Thanks again.
I prefer i2s: http://www.tnt-audio.com/sorgenti/pinkfaun_i2s_bridge_e.html

next best is coax
hate USB

Aug 7, 2018 at 9:01 AM Post #1,152 of 4,419
Thanks Paul. The Pink Faun in meant for computer streaming it looks like?

I'm not going to lie, I'm excited and nervous about making the switch from a Chord 2Qute. She's treated me good and did no wrong in my system.

I have heard conflicting reviews on the LKS 004. Some say it's dry/analytical, some say it's liquid and analog.

Compared to the 2Qute, I'm expecting more detail, more air and transparency as well as a larger soundstage. But this is of course only based on what I've researched.

I also really like the fact there are filter settings to dial it in.

Aug 7, 2018 at 12:29 PM Post #1,154 of 4,419
Thanks Paul. The Pink Faun in meant for computer streaming it looks like?

I'm not going to lie, I'm excited and nervous about making the switch from a Chord 2Qute. She's treated me good and did no wrong in my system.

I have heard conflicting reviews on the LKS 004. Some say it's dry/analytical, some say it's liquid and analog.

Compared to the 2Qute, I'm expecting more detail, more air and transparency as well as a larger soundstage. But this is of course only based on what I've researched.

I also really like the fact there are filter settings to dial it in.
you mirror many of my thoughts on the LKS!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back