L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Aug 28, 2018 at 9:58 AM Post #1,201 of 4,419
Power conditioner of any kind suck. The only thing I used now is Furman References IT15, but even so, that is only best used in places where you really need more outlets, and if your line has horrible DC leakages from other equipments, and even a light bulb will do.

The best of the best is a dedicated circuitry, straight from the circuit breaker, the main panel into the outlets itself. You can hook one breaker line into 5-6 outlets and it wouldn’t matter as they are all very clean and hooked into your equipments only, no furnitures or applicances, or anything that has ripples that can leak back into it.

Absolutely agreed. I've been trying to nail a down a time for an electrician to finally get my dedicated lines run.

Aug 28, 2018 at 10:57 AM Post #1,204 of 4,419
Hey guys can you take a look at my questions ? Thanks!

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,206 of 4,419
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:03 PM Post #1,209 of 4,419
Hooray, today i am successfully running Pinkfaun i2s into lks004
Still loosing lock at dpll BD01 at cold start up, it needs 10 minutes warm up
Also, the custom HDMI cables is not exactly made for the LKS004. Gotta buy a module instead. However, it is adequate to get a glimpse to compare between R2r7 VS LKS004

**10 minutes** and no longer losing lock on DPLL-BW01 on 192k upsample day Jriver and my superbly build PC!

Holy-cow, the i2s On LKS004 is so freaking good! A lot of Dynamic punches (sound pressure) in comparison to USB!

Dynamic energies, gotta give an edge to LkS004
Tonal body and inner fidelity realism , the R2R7 wins very obviously. The ability to allow me to differentiate a real organic drum slams vs synthesized drum beats in EDM is crazy enough to call this*
Soundstage, gotta give a slight edge to the R2R7 as it has deeper-wider soundstage, where as 004 soundstage is a bit more intimidating. It gains in playing very detailed trebles, the kinds that I called “over saturated” in my R2R7 review before*. Just can not judge it, the Sigma-Delta of top-tier in it class VS Ladder.

My conclusion again ? LKS004 is cheaper and more affordable, it is more friendly toward many different setups in comparison to R2R7 which will be very honest and spit into your ears if your source *SUCK*! Both of these carry too different sound signatures to be called a Comparison*. More like the differences between sound signatures.

R2r7: very organic, very high quality, picky on sources (will sound horrible)! Immersive soundstage! Trebles is sweeter and better in my opinion (better realism!)....I guess it makes senses because it has much better tonal body resolutions/accuracy and realism

LKS004: Well, it is Sigma-Delta, it doesn’t carry the typical Sabre (saber tooth’s!....that means digital glares are considerably Gone in comparison to the 9018S or ....the past). Dynamic slams! W0000 feel like a drum kick is right to the face (I guess it also is stronger due to more intimidating soundstage and oversaturated edges resolution, FE, the trebles). Very detailed, great soundstage, excellent dynamic punches, over saturated edges resolutions in comparison to R2r7 ! But I know many people loves it!

**also, De-Emphasis Off = wider and deeper soundstage VS On** for lks004

Having both of these DAC, I don’t regret either one. I was about to sell LKS004, but for now ? It is worth laying around until I want to taste different sound signatures

Sounds like overall you prefer the R2R7? Or no ?

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:32 PM Post #1,213 of 4,419
Gustard x22 vs lks
MH-DA004
Im not trying to troll. I have a x22. Its pretty good. I need one more modern dac. So should i buy a lks mh-da004 or another x22. The x22 is good but? LKS? Its not about the money it about the best budget dac.

musicguy

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:43 PM Post #1,214 of 4,419
Gustard x22 vs lks
MH-DA004
Im not trying to troll. I have a x22. Its pretty good. I need one more modern dac. So should i buy a lks mh-da004 or another x22. The x22 is good but? LKS? Its not about the money it about the best budget dac.

musicguy

A lot depends on your sound preferences and equipment. I have not listened to an X22.

Aug 31, 2018 at 1:27 PM Post #1,215 of 4,419
Gustard x22 vs lks
MH-DA004

musicguy

I'd buy an LKS just so you can have 2 different sounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back