L.K.S. Audio MH-DA004 Dual ES9038PRO DAC - Van Damme's double impact?
Jun 23, 2018 at 1:03 AM Post #1,006 of 4,419
P
I'm using USB in. It works, but if LKS sees fit to release a firmware update I believe they did it for a reason and I should probably update the firmware. Same for the Amanero USB. Often, these releases are not just bug fixes, but new or improved features or improved sound quality.

I'm running a Windows 10 Roon server to a Sonore ultraRendu or to a SOtM 200 ultra trifecta. Both are Linux, I believe.

Thanks for your help!
There is a thread on github on this Just google lks mh-da004 github. The latest version is be2004 from memory, out a few weeks ago. Im on Windows so I havent come across the issue myself. But apparently on some linux music server, there are hissing background noises when playing dsd. If you dont have the problem, its up to you if you want to try that latest version to see if you can hear any diffrences.

Jun 24, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #1,012 of 4,419
Yes. Similar to me. I can do HQplayer at BW7. Only have a trial license. I kind of expect its better than jriver at BW9, multi threaded and all. But somehow I always gravitate back to jriver. Not to mention If I pull the trigger on HQplayer, I probably have to go Roon as well for the ui.
i have dsd iso files mostly. so i use foobar as the main player. it can do bw06 or 05 at dsd64 with the new usb cable. have to test longer time to confirm.

Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 2:37 AM Post #1,014 of 4,419
To follow up on my issues. If I use USB then asio works fine (pic with black lines). But coax or optical from my on board audio, only one selected works. Other error as mentioned before. I assume it's normal ?

Untitled.png

Jun 24, 2018 at 5:48 AM Post #1,015 of 4,419
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2018 at 6:20 AM Post #1,016 of 4,419
http://www.madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html
my old cable is Oyaide continental 5s v2. i use 2. from notebook to igalvanic, and from micro iusb to dac. uptone uspcb in between. this new cable is dead silent. before the best is BW10
Lol. Not onl
http://www.madscientist-audio.com/bmusb.html
my old cable is Oyaide continental 5s v2. i use 2. from notebook to igalvanic, and from micro iusb to dac. uptone uspcb in between. this new cable is dead silent. before the best is BW10
Lol. Not only is it a magic cable, its a black magic one. How do you come across it. Did you compare it to the iFi usb cables, since you already have few iFi things in your chain. I use the iFi mercury 3.0.

Jun 24, 2018 at 6:44 AM Post #1,017 of 4,419
Lol. Not onl

Lol. Not only is it a magic cable, its a black magic one. How do you come across it. Did you compare it to the iFi usb cables, since you already have few iFi things in your chain. I use the iFi mercury 3.0.

actually i am planning to buy mercury3.0. but a bit hesitating since if i buy, i have to buy 3. and one day when i reading a post in audiogon about total contact. someone mentioned mad scientist audio also producing graphene base contact enhancer. i checked the website and found the black magic. it is good timing since that black magic just released in may. i decided to give it a try as his theory is totally new.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back