L> IEMS that are durable and good quality under 100
Jun 22, 2010 at 7:30 PM Post #47 of 128

Quote:
Quote:
Bad advice to compromise with the Beats.  Would you buy them?

​

I would not, but since Wanted is so keen on the looks... so I guessed the sound would make him happy, since Wanted probably doesn't have such a trained ear. I have lots of friends with Beats and and Boses and after listening to all my headphones/ earphones they stated they are all bad :frowning2: 

Jun 24, 2010 at 10:33 PM Post #48 of 128
i have a question if i get the : http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002J9H9WC/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1729W3053T57N
thats 240 rather then 299 is it fake?
and is there standard 1 year warrenty for the headphone?

and if i get this: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001N84MVG/ref=ord_cart_shr?ie=UTF8&m=A1B45FIBP2TU2
will it cover the head phones or no for example fringes cracks on the headphone it self

Jun 26, 2010 at 6:19 PM Post #49 of 128
If you're so insistent about looks, my two cents is that the Beats still look over-the-top-ugly, though I know appearances are purely subjective, if you are caring about what others think, again, my two cents.

Anyway, you're going to get (and already recieved) a pretty unanimous opinion against Beats' sound...

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:03 AM Post #50 of 128
Mitkooo is giving you really good advice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitkooo /img/forum/go_quote.gif   Westone 1 for durability, their cable is superdurable ( i have the same on um2) and really soft+ the black look is really cool.

For durability and sound.  You could save a few cents and get the older Um1 stage monitors.  But really these balanced armature monitors are the way to go in the $100.00 price area.

Jun 27, 2010 at 12:16 AM Post #51 of 128
I've had my westone 2 for 4 years, I think westone are pretty durable. I would go with a used UM1 

Jun 27, 2010 at 2:16 AM Post #52 of 128
Sigh. I'm Asian and I don't gel my hair. It's something called a haircut. Do not wrap your earphones around your player. Do use a case (especially if they come with the earphone). Disregard the looks of a headphone and just buy an in-ear. If you're buying to look cool, you'll look like every other dumb Asian out there who bought into the Beats by Dr. Dre hype that I get to point and laugh at (I see a lot of those on campus).

As for the Westone UM1 recommendation, yes, it's great for airplane rides but no, I would not listen to them off the airplane. The sound signature is just not that fun or engaging and the bass response is very much minimal until about 150Hz or so. I do believe the Westone 1 is the replacement for the UM1 so it may or may not be better. Isolation is probably the best part about the long Comply P-series tips that Westone uses.

Jun 27, 2010 at 7:09 PM Post #55 of 128

Quote:
s=electronics&qid=1276988174&sr=8-26  
1 thing i hate about headphones[full] is it messes up my gelled hair lol im asian i need to gel it lol

Asians gel their hair? I must be doing it wrong...along with my relatives and Asian friends...
tongue_smile.gif

Hold on, I've seen a couple gelled Asian dudes. Ironically enough with Beats. I wanted to smack them after seeing their pomposity.

Quote:

None of us have heard the Teknines. They might sound great, they might not. Sumflow probably thinks they'll sound like garbage. 
rolleyes.gif
Care to take the plunge? They look nice.

And wrapping the cable around your iPod is the easiest way to break them south of intentionally killing them or stepping on them.

The SF5s sound decent. Probably one of the better ones you'll think look good if your definition of good looking is shiny. Haven't heard the IE6s. I also recommend the C751 if you can "get past their looks". I personally really like their look in person. And they sound pretty good for the genres you listed. Not too familiar with this price range otherwise.

I'd recommend the Turbine Pros, but you won't find them for cheap without getting a fake.

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:29 PM Post #56 of 128
this guys reaction to the teknines seems to be good i dont know if hes experienced or not but his reaction made me laugh

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Usd9hJ-sJP4

and how should i wrap or store my headphones

Jun 28, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #57 of 128
screw all of this... im going to tell you not what you want but what you need. First and foremost... you said you wanted IEM's, then you post Beats by dre, an over the ear headphone. Heres my verdict, the dre's are garbage when it comes to sound quality and will break down on you. If you want a good pair of earphones, go with sennheiser IE8, which has replacement cables so that when they do break, you can only just buy the cables. There is also ultimate ear super fi's at a lower cost and triple fi's at a higher price. thats what i would recommend to you. BUT if it was me, i would get me a pair of live wires custom seeing that they actually cost only as much as a IE8 and are custom... ^_^

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:16 PM Post #58 of 128

Quote:
this guys reaction to the teknines seems to be good i dont know if hes experienced or not but his reaction made me laugh

and how should i wrap or store my headphones

Dude, definitely get the teknines and wrap them gently around 3 fingers and store them in the soft pouch that comes with them.

That should pretty much end this thread.

Jun 28, 2010 at 6:44 PM Post #59 of 128

Quote:

He's....not serious. I hope. Just get them and be done with it. You won't find anything better looking, I guess.

And the above is right.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back