Kuala Lumpur International AV Show (KLIAV) 2017 Impressions Thread
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 6, 2017 at 11:35 PM Post #16 of 78
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:29 AM Post #19 of 78
Aug 17, 2017 at 1:54 AM Post #20 of 78
Aug 17, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #22 of 78
Amazing! When you said that E1 had the stax system in the separate room, does E1 not have their own booth in the KLIAV?

No they didn't. This was their own thing, a Stax-only event with invites sent via Facebook.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:16 AM Post #23 of 78
Aug 17, 2017 at 2:22 AM Post #25 of 78
Good for you! I can imagine how hard it is to hear TOTL stax system in Malaysia.

Actually you can try giving a call to Stars Picker or E1 Sungei Wang to see if they have any demo units to listen to. Even their lower end stuff like L300 sound pretty good.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:31 AM Post #26 of 78
Actually you can try giving a call to Stars Picker or E1 Sungei Wang to see if they have any demo units to listen to. Even their lower end stuff like L300 sound pretty good.

Sounds promising. I might give them a call in the future. Haven't had any chance to listen to any stax setup. I hope I have the chance to listen to stax at Canjam.

Aug 17, 2017 at 4:52 AM Post #28 of 78
How is the utopia's soundstage compared to the LCD-X?

X has a bigger headstage. I do have to stress that Utopia does a lot with its small stage. The separation and layering is so precise that it doesn't sound congested at all. It puts you dead centre in the music, very immediate and engaging. Just that I like a more spacious sound since I'm a soundstage nut.

Aug 17, 2017 at 2:51 PM Post #29 of 78
outstanding writeup,i own both the utopia and the LCD-4 and IMHO I agree 100% with the writers take...I think the LCD-4 is simply a more listable HP than the Utopia....perhaps the Utopia is more detailed but it is for me dry and the soundstage too narrow...a great listen none the less and certainly one of the very best but for me the LCD-4 is better and the Abyss phi is the very best

Aug 17, 2017 at 10:54 PM Post #30 of 78
outstanding writeup,i own both the utopia and the LCD-4 and IMHO I agree 100% with the writers take...I think the LCD-4 is simply a more listable HP than the Utopia....perhaps the Utopia is more detailed but it is for me dry and the soundstage too narrow...a great listen none the less and certainly one of the very best but for me the LCD-4 is better and the Abyss phi is the very best
Thank you. Wish I can listen to the Phi sometime bcos I liked the original a lot too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back