KSC75 vs HJE900
Sep 29, 2010 at 1:32 PM Post #2 of 10
I predict you will hear more clarity and less bass. Clarity because of the noise isolation, and less bass because the KSC75 uses similar drivers to my PortaPro, which is quite bassy.

Sep 29, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #4 of 10
They aren't that bassy really. They do have more than my RE-Zero or LiveWires but easily less than the Eterna. I wouldn't recommend the HJE900 for a bass head. They are slightly north of neutral but not that bassy. I would wait until you get them and then decider.

Sep 29, 2010 at 3:36 PM Post #6 of 10
I have never personally heard the HJE900, but I prefer my ksc75's over my G2A's straight up.  They are not quite as comfortable as the Yuin, but I really think the sound is pretty remarkable ESPECIALLY at around 15 dollars. 

If you listen to the Koss sans EQ, they are not really all that bass heavy.  But I EQ mine to bump the bass and they deliver nicely. 

I would say, order the Koss first and see what you think.  To have them delivered to your doorstep for under 20 dollars is a real bargain. 

Sep 30, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 10
Only thing I can really tell you dude is to wait and see how you like them. You already ordered them, so what difference does it make? =P

If it helps, I think my HJE900s sound far better than my full-sized JVC RX700s, which are very well regarded as entry level full-size cans, and I've seen those compared a number of times to the KSC75 and though of as being superior. This is an extremely arbitrary comparison, but Joker gave the KSC75 a 5.5/10 in sound, and gave the PX200-II a 7 in sound, and I think the RX700s sound equal or better than my PX200-IIs, and I think the HJE900 sounds substantially better than either of them. Some people think  it's impossible to get comparable sound quality to a full-size from an IEM except at very high price discrepancies, but I strongly disagree.

I am quite confident the HJE900s are the "technically" superior headphones. Whether or not you prefer the sound signature, though, is a different question. You'll have to see when you get them, and possibly mess around with tips and mods. They may or may not be for you, but I hope you like them!

Sep 30, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #10 of 10
Lol well again, it's all quite arbitrary. Joker is highly experienced and has his own preferences, as do we all(although Joker seems to me one of the most impartial reviewers I know). It might take you a while tog et ued to the pannies if they present a substantially different signature. But again, I hope you like them =P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back