KSC-35's came today, What
Dec 9, 2005 at 6:09 AM Post #91 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAT
Are the KSC-35s and 75s comparable? the 75s are MUCH cheaper than the 35s.. and it seems like a nice value if they're comparable..

The 75s are on sale somewhere for less than $9.99? The 35s are available for that, plus shipping, from Creative through Ebay, so it comes out to around $15 with cheapest shipping. The best deal I have found for the 35s is $13.29 from amazon, and I don't know if shipping is extra.

Have you found a deal for the 75s at $10 or less, including shipping? That would be much cheaper than the 35s.

EDITED A MILLION TIMES.

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:11 AM Post #92 of 122
I just got my KSC-75s and they sound EXCELLENT for the price. Seems like my MS-1s but with the mids a little more recessed, the highs a little less refined and the bass is more boomy than punchy. Overall, an excellent buy. My only problem with them is the fit, it feels kinda weird when you walk with them, they bounce up and down.. Is this normal?

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:20 AM Post #93 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATAT
Are the KSC-35s and 75s comparable? the 75s are MUCH cheaper than the 35s.. and it seems like a nice value if they're comparable..

I've only heard the 75, and I rave about it just as much as all the other people are raving about the 35s. Incredible buy, I am sure it's quite comparable, perhaps even better. Go for it.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 6:31 AM Post #94 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00b
I just got my KSC-75s and they sound EXCELLENT for the price. Seems like my MS-1s but with the mids a little more recessed, the highs a little less refined and the bass is more boomy than punchy. Overall, an excellent buy. My only problem with them is the fit, it feels kinda weird when you walk with them, they bounce up and down.. Is this normal?

The arms are metal, so bend them to fit your ears.

Dec 9, 2005 at 10:13 AM Post #95 of 122
I just ordered two more KSC35s in addition to the two pairs I received a few weeks back from Creative - to give out as Christmas surprises... of course, I'm keeping 2 for myself
biggrin.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 11:31 AM Post #96 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by kant
I understand all you guys are happy with this cheap and good toy.people always like this dream,best and cheapest,but sorry, it wont happened. will you believe any 10 bucks heapphone better than 100 bucks headphone? otherwise how fool will all other people be?
I know this one should be very good,but I wont try it cus I already have grado and some other more than 100 bucks earphone. I already lessoned by hd201, how they good told by other hi-fier,how disapointed I am!
that is as same as I think my 5 bucks creative earbuds is better than grado,will you believe it?
dont want attack you guys, just think its better tell other newbies some opinion.

Hehe, a guy with 7 posts giving advice to all the long-time Head-Fiers. Thanks for the heads-up.

Truthfully, the KSC-35 are better than some $100+ headphones. There is no comparison between the KSC-35 and "5 bucks creative earbuds".

BTW, the KSC-35 have not always been priced this cheaply. The current low prices are because they're on clearance. The retail price has historically been around $30.

Anyway, with headphones it's generally wrong to confuse price with value. There are plenty of headphones, like your HD201, that are a bad value. (Who here recommended those to you anyway?) The KSC-35 has been popular for years because it offers good sound for a good price. Its tonal balance is halfway between the Grado and Sennheiser sound, which tends to mean that it's not a polarizing headphone and many people find it pretty enjoyable.

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:54 PM Post #97 of 122
both ksc's are great buy. Short comparison*:
KSC35: Bass better controlled
KSC75: Less controlled bass
KSC35: Highs less pronounced
KSC75: Highs more pronounced
KSC35: Prone to cable microphonics
KSC75: Better in terms of cable microphonics
KSC35: Better 3d sound
KSC75: Less 3d sound
KSC35 and KSC75 are very close in terms of sound. The comparison must not taken as they are very different.
*Both are well burned and used for more than half a year.

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:08 PM Post #98 of 122
I'd like to pick up a pair of these as a christmas present for a freind of mine. I'd get some for myself, but I'm perfectly happy with my portaPros. I've never been able to do ear clips or street styles comfortably with my glasses, and the portaPros don't conflict with my glasses at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:30 PM Post #99 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
I'd like to pick up a pair of these as a christmas present for a freind of mine. I'd get some for myself, but I'm perfectly happy with my portaPros. I've never been able to do ear clips or street styles comfortably with my glasses, and the portaPros don't conflict with my glasses at all.
smily_headphones1.gif

I wear glasses and the 35's do not conflict with them. They have a thin plastic clip unlike the 75's thicker metal/rubber clip.

Dec 9, 2005 at 3:43 PM Post #100 of 122
yep, no prob with glasses with the KSC-35. And I agree, the HD201 is NOT the best can even for the $20. It did sound ok with that turtle beach usb dongle, but otherwise it was a scooped out ice cream scoop sound that was the total opposite of the aggressive bassy KSC-35 sound.

Dec 9, 2005 at 7:49 PM Post #103 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by apnk
I wear glasses and the 35's do not conflict with them. They have a thin plastic clip unlike the 75's thicker metal/rubber clip.

Yeah, I know you guys don't. All the clips I've tried have been annoying in small ways, making it harder to adjust my glasses and stuff. Still, I'm perfecly happy with the portaPros because they don't get anywhere near the glasses. I'll probably pick up some 35 or 75s later on in though, for jogging or biking. I just need to convince my parents I have 15 spare dollars. But then I have this problem: Buy KSC-35s or save up for some closed headphones for pc music/gaming use?

Dec 9, 2005 at 8:46 PM Post #105 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky
But then I have this problem: Buy KSC-35s or save up for some closed headphones for pc music/gaming use?

Save up for something else. You're totally right, you are happy with the PPs so why buy the 35s?
If I could have gotten the PPs for the good price I probably woudl have gone with them, instead of the cip-ons. But they are like $80 overhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back