KSC-35's came today, What
Dec 2, 2005 at 10:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 122

1967cutlass

500+ Head-Fier
This is pretty ridiculous how they totally trounce my UM1's and sound better than the SR-60's I was listening to the other day. The bass extension is no less than shocking, and while they aren't burned in, I'm shocked how good these sound, especially for 10$. Honestly they should cost more than this by a significant margin. They get even better with an amp too.
basshead.gif

Another thing, instrument separation is very well done. They have absolutely no isolation, they leak a ton.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:35 PM Post #3 of 122
Yeah, even with a wool cap on and a hood over that, for some reason, they have pretty darn good soundstage on the go. This can never ceases to impress.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:40 PM Post #4 of 122
if you don't mind sacrificing the foams, you can try cutting a quarter sized hole in them. it really opens up the mids and highs, especially the highs. to me, it's not sacrificing but improving the sound.
biggrin.gif
if you are daring, you can even recable them someday. with canare starquad, i've noticed that the bass tightens up considerably and have more weight.

Dec 2, 2005 at 10:43 PM Post #5 of 122
Another dirty little secret, they are prone to getting hairs caught under the foam and touching the transducer, making a "buzzing" sound. If that happens, just carefully remove the foam and blow the hair out, or remove it if you can see it.

Otherwise, not bad for $10, eh?
wink.gif

-Ed

Dec 2, 2005 at 11:04 PM Post #8 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Edwood
Another dirty little secret, they are prone to getting hairs caught under the foam and touching the transducer, making a "buzzing" sound. If that happens, just carefully remove the foam and blow the hair out, or remove it if you can see it.

Otherwise, not bad for $10, eh?
wink.gif

-Ed

This is why I don't cut holes in my foam. And after a year the foam gets a bit loose and stretchy so i want to enjoy the firm padding while i can!

Dec 2, 2005 at 11:38 PM Post #11 of 122
I wouldn't cut holes in the stock Koss pads, because as far as I know Koss doesn't sell exact replacements, and the Radio Shack pads are close but not quite the same. With Grado comfy pads it's different -- you can just buy new ones. If you're going to cut holes in the pads, it makes more sense to buy the Radio Shack pads and cut holes in them.

Dec 3, 2005 at 12:41 AM Post #12 of 122
guys stop posting these KSD-35/75 phones are GREAT!! I want a pair but by the time I actually get them they would be all out!! seriously.. this is making me want to run to circuitcity and grab a pair of 75's right away...

O yah cutlass.. how does this compare to ur HD497?

Dec 3, 2005 at 12:45 AM Post #13 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by fureshi
if you don't mind sacrificing the foams, you can try cutting a quarter sized hole in them. it really opens up the mids and highs, especially the highs. to me, it's not sacrificing but improving the sound.
biggrin.gif
if you are daring, you can even recable them someday. with canare starquad, i've noticed that the bass tightens up considerably and have more weight.

And let all the crap to go inside the drivers....well wait they have lifetime warranty!!!!!!

I have pa ir of Portapro2 and honestly they sound pretty darn good or the money, is a real shame that Koss do not pay more attention to the high end line....

Dec 3, 2005 at 12:50 AM Post #15 of 122
does the lifetime warranty covers you poking holes in the product? ( just wondering, but if it is worth poking holes, 13 bucks isn't much )

Users who are viewing this thread

Back