KSC-35's came today, What
Dec 8, 2005 at 8:22 PM Post #78 of 122
I went from the KSC-35's to a Perreaux amp/Sony CD3000 combo. I ended up selling that combo and going back to the KSC-35's. I honestly did not hear any improvement.

The best thing I can say about the CD3K's is that they are the only closed cans that sound like the KSC-35's
smily_headphones1.gif

My KSC-35's have finally crapped out on me after I lost the pads during a night of drunken revelry. I actually found this thread after searching this site for any KSC-35 news(possibly a new and improved can with similar sound, etc.)

I think I'm going back to Koss for the KSC-35's. If only I could find a closed can with a similar signature(that doesn't cost $400+).

cheers,

-J

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #79 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by Baycode
What is the 3.5mm jack color of the Creative's KSC35's (Gold or Silver)?

The one I got from Koss direct was gold (as far as i can remember) and came with a crappy vinyl bag. The one if got from Creative was silver (in color hehe) and came with a nice velcro bag, 1/4 to 1/8 adapter (also silver in color), and blue tray you can prop the cans on.

Koss direct cost twice as much, and they are now out of stock. But honestly they sound the same to me.

Dec 8, 2005 at 8:26 PM Post #80 of 122
so i cracked and ordered one from creative's ebay auction... my eggos are too cumbersome for bus commuting to work without a big backpack...

hopin it comes out to about $25CAD shipped to my door.

i gotta get rid of my HD201's now...

Dec 8, 2005 at 9:39 PM Post #82 of 122
Well they're not quite FOTM any longer, i mean they've been FOTM on and off for the past 5 years or so. Maybe FOTB, flavour of the broke
biggrin.gif

I just think it's so cool for a phone to be so reknown, affordable, practical and sound good at the same time. What will we do when these creative batches ran out? Will the manufacturing plant make these under a different name and sell them straight out of china? Will demand for used or old-stock 35s rise through the roof? Will koss get their act together and create an even better 35/50/75 hybrid? KSC-95? Questions, questions, questions...

Dec 8, 2005 at 11:37 PM Post #83 of 122
i think i probably have to get a pair of these for myself this xmas, the 75's. only question i have is siince i use my x5 a lot in the pc labs here at school while listenin to music, how loud is the noise comin from these that other people can hear? say rock music at a decent volume.

Dec 9, 2005 at 12:56 AM Post #84 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by brokenwallet
I just think it's so cool for a phone to be so reknown, affordable, practical and sound good at the same time. What will we do when these creative batches ran out? Will the manufacturing plant make these under a different name and sell them straight out of china?

We'll switch to the KSC-75. Also a great headphone, imho.
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 9, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #87 of 122
Just ordered mine. And also scheming on getting a pair of the 75s from amazon. I was going to order 2 shirts from there anyways. And might as well tack it on since its free shipping. Wowza this place is bad...

Dec 9, 2005 at 4:39 AM Post #88 of 122
I understand all you guys are happy with this cheap and good toy.people always like this dream,best and cheapest,but sorry, it wont happened. will you believe any 10 bucks heapphone better than 100 bucks headphone? otherwise how fool will all other people be?
I know this one should be very good,but I wont try it cus I already have grado and some other more than 100 bucks earphone. I already lessoned by hd201, how they good told by other hi-fier,how disapointed I am!
that is as same as I think my 5 bucks creative earbuds is better than grado,will you believe it?
dont want attack you guys, just think its better tell other newbies some opinion.

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:02 AM Post #89 of 122
Are the KSC-35s and 75s comparable? the 75s are MUCH cheaper than the 35s.. and it seems like a nice value if they're comparable..

Dec 9, 2005 at 5:43 AM Post #90 of 122
Quote:

Originally Posted by kant
I understand all you guys are happy with this cheap and good toy.people always like this dream,best and cheapest,but sorry, it wont happened. will you believe any 10 bucks heapphone better than 100 bucks headphone? otherwise how fool will all other people be?
I know this one should be very good,but I wont try it cus I already have grado and some other more than 100 bucks earphone. I already lessoned by hd201, how they good told by other hi-fier,how disapointed I am!
that is as same as I think my 5 bucks creative earbuds is better than grado,will you believe it?
dont want attack you guys, just think its better tell other newbies some opinion.

You're flat out wrong. The KSC-35's are better than more than a few 100$+ headphones. You really have no right to an opinion on this since you haven't heard them.

I just ordered a second pair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back