Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Feb 8, 2012 at 5:41 PM Post #691 of 852
Mine arrived today as expected, so I've been trying them out, making sure they sound alright and that the fit is good. I'm happy to say that they are great on both fronts. I did the impressions with a friend's help (and a biteblock). Had them done before professionally so I knew how they should look and whatnot, but I was still a bit worried I would have to do a refit. I can't remember how the TF10 sounded before, so I can't make comparisons. This is my first time seeing/using the Westone cable, and it's very nice. Not really a fan of the memory wire part, but it's loads better than the stock UE cable. Still prefer the Sennheiser IE8 cable though~ :3

I'm quite pleased right now and very relieved that I won't have to get them redone. Here are a few pictures as well. If it's not easy enough to tell, I had a blue faceplate / smoke gray body done. 

Feb 8, 2012 at 6:09 PM Post #692 of 852
Looks good earthpeople

Feb 10, 2012 at 2:18 PM Post #693 of 852
Just called Adam and he said mine should be done by next week and I should have them back by the end of the next week(fingers crossed). They received my impressions at the end of December so it's been ~6 weeks now.

Feb 10, 2012 at 5:35 PM Post #694 of 852

Quote:
Just called Adam and he said mine should be done by next week and I should have them back by the end of the next week(fingers crossed). They received my impressions at the end of December so it's been ~6 weeks now.

How odd, I called Adam last week and I would presume he's had my impressions since the 19th or so of January and Adam said he'd have mine done in, now, just under two weeks from today. How odd...

Feb 12, 2012 at 2:04 AM Post #697 of 852
Have you tried emailing/calling after you filed your complaint? They might have overlooked shipping out your customs or (insert random excuse). I had to have to resend me the impression kit and they only sent it out after I sent them a follow-up email. Adam told me that it got "overlooked" but it was overnighted to me so no big deal. Hope everything works out for you
frown.gif

Quote:
I'm about 9 weeks since impressions were received. They also have not responded to my BBB complaint yet.

Feb 14, 2012 at 4:26 AM Post #698 of 852
WOOT, called earlier today, and Adam confirmed they are scheduled to be shipping next week. No delays so far :)

imboden, have you tried calling them, I've found that it's far superior to emailing them since it's much faster and more responsive? Every time I've called, Adam has been ever so helpful.

Feb 17, 2012 at 8:17 AM Post #700 of 852
Situation went from bad to worse but finally, I have received them and their BBB response. Here it is...

Quote:

Mr. ---- had ordered a custom product from us in which we just completed today. We complete our custom products in the order they come in (absolutely untrue) We are sending this via FedEx Standard Overnight, as requested on his purchase order. The tracking number is ----, direct signature required, and pictures to verify completion have also been recorded. We do our very best to keep orders going as quickly as possible, but there are always factors that can cause delays. Because we manufacture custom products that cannot be mass produced, the wait time increases drastically with an influx of orders. The date of completion also depends on the customer because our orders require a two step process, one of which relies on the customer's promptness to return the stage one process back to us (they received them 4 days after I received kit) . We apologize for any inconvenience, but as stated we have completed and shipped the customer's final product today

So, how are they, you ask? They're broken. Oh yes..... there are more problems. There is an obvious exterior gouge digging into my ear on one side, too. Simply unacceptable. There may be a polarity issue but I am unsure as one sounds 'better' with the cable reversed. The sound is either somewhat there, on one side only or mostly one side, but there is a usually just no mid range with tons of treble. Once, the worse side of the two made an electronic pop like sound and it worked better for a couple minutes before returning to its usual state of sounding like I'm listening to music through a thick glass door. But the sound stage is wide!

How it's acceptable to send that to a paying customer is beyond me. Isn't a cable supposed to be included?

Feb 19, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #704 of 852
My double reshell order arrived today. Impressions were send last week of december.  7 weeks for 2 pairs is ok for me (assumig, that they didnt worked during christmas ,).

Emails  got responded within.1-2 days. I mainly wanted to test his service & quality to see if i could sent him the expens. custom for reshelling.

Its a small business, they do their best.

Btw. i waited 9 weeks for my UniqueMelody Shure 530 reshell and i live in Australia.

Feb 19, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #705 of 852

Quote:
My double reshell order arrived today. Impressions were send last week of december.  7 weeks for 2 pairs is ok for me (assumig, that they didnt worked during christmas ,).

Emails  got responded within.1-2 days. I mainly wanted to test his service & quality to see if i could sent him the expens. custom for reshelling.

Its a small business, they do their best.

Btw. i waited 9 weeks for my UniqueMelody Shure 530 reshell and i live in Australia.

So what are your impressions on quality both sonic and physical? Good/bad? 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back