Kozee Sound Solutions ** MAJOR CS ISSUES - NOT RECOMMENDED (info in first post) ** Custom IEMs & Reshell review
Oct 23, 2011 at 12:44 AM Post #616 of 852
It's great to see such a turn of events, and I really hope this marks a new beginning for Kozee.

Oct 23, 2011 at 7:02 AM Post #617 of 852

Quote:

got any links or prices? kiteki told me there is a chinese company that reshells them for under 700 yuen

Yes, except I don't think they offer reshelling to outside of China.

You can try emailing Thousand Sound, they are the only ones that accept paypal, and they respond quite quickly to emails.

Nov 4, 2011 at 12:23 AM Post #620 of 852
Nov 4, 2011 at 8:36 PM Post #621 of 852
Hello everyone! I was the owner of the TF10s that were reshelled in silicone with a detachable cable. As of last update to this forum, the right earpiece had come apart, and I had sent them off to be repaired. I received them about a week ago and they were indeed fixed. Well, one issue was fixed - another issue, a possible short in the right earpiece, was still present. I had described this problem to Mr. Palmquist prior to them breaking, and he was supposed to fix both issues. Well, since the problem still persisted, and Mr. Palmquist told me he had checked extensively for any shorts, he has offered to completely redo my reshell for free. He guesses that there may be a short in the actual internals of the earpiece, and he wants to make sure that I am completely satisfied with my purchase. They will now be redone in acrylic, instead of silicone, so that the internals won't experience any movement.

I'd also like to point out that Mr. Palmquist has replied to my emails in the same speed that he did in the days of old. I know, at one point, email replies had seemingly stopped, but they seem to be back in full force. My experience with Kozee so far has been a very shaky one, but their dedication to delivering a good product has surpassed my expectations.

Nov 4, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #622 of 852
Do you at least have any decent backups while you wait?

Nov 4, 2011 at 10:34 PM Post #623 of 852
I would call them decent, but nothing better. I have some MEElectronics M11+ and they're enjoyable, but I sure do miss those TF10s. Then again, I've only really had them for a total of about 5 months this whole year anyway (from January until now) so I've kind of learned how to live without them.

Nov 5, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #624 of 852
I had my JVC marshmellows it was pretty painful, but at least only 2 weeks altogether.

Nov 16, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #625 of 852
The general impression I'm getting here is that Kozee absolutely fulfills orders, but that it takes a bit long for some tastes? Is that accurate? I'm in the market for new IEM's (having grown fed up with my Etymotics, which are impossible to remove) and I was looking at universals when I saw that Kozee would either reshell an existing IEM for $120 or so, or sell an entirely new single BA IEM for $140. This fits my budget quite nicely considering the free impression kit, but I have a couple of questions:

1. Is there a consensus on which is preferable (at Kozee specifically) between Acrylic and Silicone? Acrylic is the only option for a reshell, but I'm willing to spend the extra money for the X1's in silicone if they are preferred. Is the silicone super soft, or is it of a harder variety? Is it durable? Washable?

2. Is there any acoustic reason to go for the X1's over a reshell of my Ety's? They both use a single BA (I'm not sure which BA my ER-6i's use). The sound signature on my ety's has always been fine to me, and for the price I'm not expecting miracles out of whichever BA the X1's use. I just want new IEM's primarily for jogging and that sort of thing. 

I'm probably going to wait until after black friday to order, just in case there is another TF10 deal (which I would then have reshelled instead). Your help is appreciated, especially on the question of how durable the silicone model is turning out to be in the wild.

(I should also thank Adam for the quick response I received to questions I submitted through their web form)

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #626 of 852
To answer your questions:

1) I have the X1s and the silicone is soft and somewhat flexible, I haven't had an issue with cleaning it by just wiping it down every now and then. I have had the X1s for about 6 months and haven't had any issues with durability so far but I will be honest, I have probably put less then 40 hours on it.

2) The silicone X1s are disappointing in the SQ department, the treble is heavily rolled off, but there is a slight emphasis on the bass. If you liked the ety sound signature I would advise against getting the silicone X1s. That being said you can upgrade the X1s to the 'executive option' that joker reviewed, it is made of acrylic and sounds more ety like.

Nov 16, 2011 at 3:29 PM Post #627 of 852

Quote:
To answer your questions:

1) I have the X1s and the silicone is soft and somewhat flexible, I haven't had an issue with cleaning it by just wiping it down every now and then. I have had the X1s for about 6 months and haven't had any issues with durability so far but I will be honest, I have probably put less then 40 hours on it.

2) The silicone X1s are disappointing in the SQ department, the treble is heavily rolled off, but there is a slight emphasis on the bass. If you liked the ety sound signature I would advise against getting the silicone X1s. That being said you can upgrade the X1s to the 'executive option' that joker reviewed, it is made of acrylic and sounds more ety like.

The extra cost of the executive option kind of negates the savings from going with Kozee. It's a shame that there isn't an option to reshell with silicone (I've always wanted a pair of silicone IEM's, but they've always come at a huge premium) but if they sound worse for being silicone, maybe it's for the best. I'll probably just go with the acrylic reshell option, since I already know what my Ety's sound like. Assuming that there isn't a TF10 sale, of course.

Thanks.

Dec 8, 2011 at 9:56 PM Post #629 of 852

Quote:
Bumping this old thread because I am going to have my TF10s reshelled by them. I have already paid them and I'm currently waiting for the impressions kit.

I also ordered a reshell(my westone 4s), they got my impressions 12/1/11 and Adam said that he'll make sure mine comes back before Christmas, i'll make sure to post pics and give an update :D.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back